1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Ork Bust Sculpt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Parkadge, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Parkadge Member

Ireland
    I've been feeling kind of burnt out on all things military So I broke out the Sculpey and started work on this Ork Bust
    [IMG]
    ork 003 by parkadge, on Flickr

It's my first time using sculpey and I really like the way it works

[IMG]
    ork2 016 by parkadge, on Flickr

I started with a wire and tin foil armature and built the sculpey up around it. then I baked the teeth and eyeball seperately and then worked around them

[IMG]
    010 by parkadge, on Flickr

I added more bulk to the shoulders and worked on the skin texture and ears. I was bit worried about baking it because the armature was very near the surface of the clay but it came out of the oven without any mishaps :)

[IMG]
    012 by parkadge, on Flickr

lots of tool and finger marks to get rid of

[IMG]
    ork by parkadge, on Flickr

[IMG]
    ORK by parkadge, on Flickr

I'm happy with the face now though I still have some sanding and fine tuning to do. The I plan to add some armour using some steel and copper pieces I have.

[IMG]
    ork with armor by parkadge, on Flickr
    Tarok and Ventress like this.
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    That's a fun little piece.
  3. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    love the rusted shoulder pads
  4. Tarok Active Member

Australia
    Looks terrific, Pat! (y)(y)
  5. Parkadge Member

Ireland
    post christmas work

Thanks guys. I've done a little more work since Christmas on the Armour using real copper and steel but in scale it somehow doesn't look real :unsure:. I have to find some patinas to treat it.
    The spikes are from milliput.

I put a wash of green on to see how it looked and to show up any areas that needed further work

[IMG]
    044 by parkadge, on Flickr
  6. Parkadge Member

Ireland
    Finally finished this and picked a gold at the IMSS show in the Fantasy section

[IMG]
    ork by parkadge, on Flickr
    Jazz likes this.
  7. Jazz A Fixture

England
    great to see how this progressed from start to finish. Congratulations on getting a well deserved Gold medal.