1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ordering

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Bryan, Jul 11, 2019 at 11:08 AM.

1. Bryan New Member

Just starting out on my figure painting journey.So ordering the following Alpine Miniatures
    35152 WWS Grenadier NCO And 35016 DAK Panzer Officer
    My concerns are finding the best reference guide to the correct colours Vallejo or are AK better
  2. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Try Calvin Tan's blog:-
    http://zyclyon.blogspot.com/
    On the right, as you scroll down you'll find lots of information under 'Articles'.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Bryan likes this.
  3. Bryan New Member

4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Bryan. Andrew's link is as good a place as any to start, but you'll also find plenty of guys on here ready to chime in with help & advice. You'll also probably be able to find a wealth of information just from browsing the site.

Vallejo or AK? So many paints on the market these days that things can get confusing sometimes. Some guys swear by this brand or that brand, but basically whatever works for you is "best", there is no right or wrong.

Just practice & practice some more, try out different paints and techniques, and learn by doing. You'll probably make some mistakes along the way (we all do!) but when it all comes together it's very satisfying.

Have fun!

- Steve
  5. Bryan New Member

Thanks i’ve gone for Vallejo just need a good reference guide for colours to be used