1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ordering this but need advise

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Bryan, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Bryan New Member

2. Chris Oldfield Active Member

England
    Bryan,
    I have the 1/35 version of this figure in my stash - it’s based upon a photograph of a soldier of the SS-Verfugungsdivision in France 1940.
    I’m certain that Vallejo produce a paint set specifically for Waffen-SS camouflage colours, but a book I can definitely recommend to you is Modelling Waffen-SS Figures by Calvin Tan, in the Osprey Modelling series. The book contains step by step guides on how to paint several different camouflage patterns, keyed to Vallejo paints throughout. It can be picked up relatively cheaply on the second hand bookseller circuit, & I think it’s also available in Kindle format.
    Hope this helps you out.
    Jed likes this.
  3. Bryan New Member

That’s excellent many thanks
    Nap likes this.
  4. Bryan New Member

Was going to order it but just read a few reviews on here regarding that an Alpine figure might be better.
  5. Nap Forum Moderator

England

I would definitely agree with that

Here's a few things you might find of interest

Nap

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Jed and Chris Oldfield like this.
  6. Bryan New Member

That’s great Thankyou so much for the trouble.Just ordered the Calvin book
    Nap likes this.
  7. Chris Oldfield Active Member

England
    For painting faces & flesh tones using acrylics, I can't recommend Modelling Fallschirmjager Figures enough. I always have my copy open on the desk whenever I paint a face using Vallejo, as it gives exact mixes for every aspect of highlighting, shading & blending. Probably the most useful book in the Osprey Modelling range, IMHO.
    Jed likes this.
  8. Bryan New Member

Thanks will order a copy.
    Having second thoughts about the Andrea figure after reading reviews on here if I can find an alpine one similar
  9. Chris Oldfield Active Member

England
    The Andrea figures are, I’m told, 3d printed from life models & feature a mix of resin bodies & white metal equipment. They are quite expensive, but I’ve seen some beautifully painted examples on here. If it’s really crisp resin casting & great sculpting you’re looking for though, Alpine is your go-to brand. They are superb figures.
    Jed likes this.