Opinions asked on this Webshop

Discussion in 'Report Piracy' started by Robert Jan de Wit, May 22, 2011.

1. Robert Jan de Wit Active Member

Netherlands
    Hello all,

I like to have your opinions on this webshop from Holland.
    Look at their 1:35/1:16
    To me they look like illegal recasts.
    I have seen them selling them at a modelshow in Holland, and they looked liked recasts to me.
    I recognise Platoon, S&T, Yosci, Jaguar figures.

crossroadsscalemodels

greets,
    Robert Jan
  2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Also at least one Warriors. Of all of them I know the Airborne trooper in 1/16 does not belong to them because it is property of Lost Battalion and sold legally by them. Bold to sell pirated figures at a show.--
  3. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  4. polyphemus Well-Known Member

There's also at least one of Stuart Hale's Milimen among the 1/16th.

Geoff
  5. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    I emailed this fellow and told him of the appearances of recasting. He responded that he bought the figures from other shops and therefore is not a thief. I asked why no company name on the box. No reply yet. He would not be in business if there was no market for his wares.--
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for reporting Robert.

I removed the hyperlink from your original post so we don't give them any recognition.
    Diegoff likes this.
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Has anyone contacted the manufacturers of the figures alleged to be recasts? It would probably be more effective to contact them with this gentleman's email address and website. When we confront him, of course he'll claim no wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing.

Prost!
    Brad
  8. renarts Active Member

United-States
    I'd contact show organizers and let them know he's selling knock offs. I've seen it happen here before. Several vendors got together and identified a counterfeit seller at a show and made it very clear that they would pack up and leave and wouldn't be back if the offender were allowed to remain and would boycott any show that he showed up at and continued to sell counterfeit items. Risky but the offender hasn't been seen in a while. Considering vendors are a major draw now that LHS's are far and few between and offer that hands on benefit before the sale, it means alot to listen to vendors. (I probably make 90% of my purchases at shows these days.
  9. Andyfettes Active Member

United-States
    Buying figures and such from another knowing that they are recasts and then reselling them on still knowing they are recasts after being contacted to point out the fact they they are in fact knock offs does make him a thief.

Trouble is that as already stated that people do buy from these con men
  10. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Contact the manufacturers!

I've already sent links for eBay auctions to Mrs. Imrie, for example, to let her know someone was selling recasts of I/R figures. We can all choose not to buy from someone whom we know to be a forger, but only the holders of the copyrights have recourse to shut him down.
  11. Sapper8863 Member

Scotland
    Hi Robert Jan and everyone else,

He is selling recasts. Some of my figures are on there and 1 Arhnem diorama set which I have never sold like that so I'm 100% sure they are illegal copies.

Thanks or bringing this to my attention

Ian