1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Opinion advice Re Piper Pose.

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by mick3272, Jul 16, 2018.

?

What pose would you choose for a 1/9th Full Bust with V Bust Option

Poll closed Aug 6, 2018.
Pose A Playing 4 vote(s) 28.6%
Pose B Standing at attention with pipes in left hand. 3 vote(s) 21.4%
Pose C Holding Pipes to the side displaying Banner. 6 vote(s) 42.9%
Pose D At ease getting ready to play. 1 vote(s) 7.1%
  1. mick3272 A Fixture

Opinion advice Re Piper Pose.

Greetings,
    I am just in the process of compiling the information brief for Mick’s Mick’s next release. Which will be a Piper. As you know it will be a 1/9th Scale Bust with an option for a V Bust to fit in with the rest of the range. So my question is which pose do you think would work best. Bearing in mind the pipes will have pipe banner & ribbons although these are not shown in all the picturs below.

Pose A Playing

[IMG]

Pose B Standing at attention with pipes in left hand.

[IMG]

Pose C Holding Pipes to the side displaying Banner.

[IMG]

Pose D At ease getting ready to play.

[IMG]

Thanks for looking I would appreciate your vote and any comments re the above pose’s
    Mick

2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Very helpful would you care to expand.
    Mick
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Mick

Voted ...for the full bust IMO the banner will be a great choice to the side ..displaying the details fully as in picture .

V bust ...little unsure how you are going to know it's a piper ...headdress perhaps , as it will have no arms for badges etc

...or have the pipes being played with the bag showing ...perhaps a floating hand holding ?

Hope this helps a bit ...feel free to pm !

Nap
    mick3272 likes this.
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks kev
    V Busts will always be a problem, but in this case not so much, as you will have the following which will be unique to a Piper. :-

Headdress, Tunic, Cross Belt & Belt, Shawl & as the tunic is cut away at the front a little bit of kilt.

In relation to The V bust I dont think it would matter to much which of the 4 were chosen unless the face had puffed cheeks blowing into a non existent blow pipe.
    Thanks for looking & comments
    Mick
    Nap likes this.
  6. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Well a question about bust was asked on Timeline ( 18 june ) : what do you prefer ? but including in the choice a None ( that I undestood as No Bust )
    Here the vote show 24,2% of none on 44 answers and I remark that lot of people not intersted in bust don't even have a look at bust oriented posts
    And something I complain about since many years is that very very few peoples cares about giving an answer; here for the TimeLine post 44 people give a clear opinion on 345 viewers ( 1 month later )
    You ask closed question this one or this one
    A more open question must include anythig else ,not one of those, and/or no bust at all .
    Even if I personaly find what you usualy do as full of talent .

Great Writers 1 3.03%
    Great Thinkers 1 3.03%
    Great Inventors 3 9.09%
    Great Characters 8 24.24%
    Great Painters 4 12.12%
    Great Composers 2 6.06%
    Great Explorers 5 15.15%
    Wild West 10 30.30%
    Other (Specify) 2 6.06%
    None 8 24.24%

Consider your post : 74 viewers, 4 answers
    And a maker is supposed to please the buyers who not even have time to simply click once !
  7. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    V bust...
    I have the tendancy to say : sorry sir your fly is open;)
  8. mick3272 A Fixture

A more open question is not required. I “Mick’s Mick’s” WILL be producing a Piper to add to my current range of busts so far . The fact that as you say people don’t care about busts is neither here nor there. I want it so I will produce it. I was simply giving the opportunity to help me decide on the pose for this release.
    The fact that 4 people out of 74 viewers have replied is disappointing, but on release if anyone complains about the pose I can refer them to this thread.

Mick
    Martin64 likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    I care about busts !! ...LOL

This poll runs till August 6 so quite a while for more voting and thoughts

Nap
    mick3272 likes this.
  10. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Personally, I prefer pose B with the pipes at the side - this would translate well as a V bust, too....(y)
    mick3272 likes this.
  11. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pose A would, as already been stated, be a problem with production of the V Bust.
    Pose C would have a problem of positioning of the pipes with a bust that finishes at the waist. If you extend below the waist, you might as well produce the full figure.
    Pose D might work in the production of a V Bust, providing there is no serious interaction of the right arm with the chest detailing.

All the poses suggested have their pluses and minuses, but from a practical point of view, pose B is by far the most suitable for your intended versions (IMHO).

Cheers,
    Andrew
  12. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for the reply.
    In relation to 'C' The pipes are a bit low I grant you. I was thinking along the lines of showing off the Banner.
    Would the following in your opinion be a better pose.
    [IMG]

Mick
    Nap likes this.
  13. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mick,

The bag has certainly moved up significantly, and the display of the banner would make a very eye-catching display.
    All the poses are interesting and, as I said, have their pluses and minuses.
    I guess the choice of pose will be down to what you and your sculptor think, how difficult it will be to put together and how numerous and delicate the parts will be (I have a couple of busts where the finished item looks superb on the box art, but the parts are a complete headache).
    Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    mick3272 likes this.
  14. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks Andrew for taking the time to reply.
    Your comments are helpful & welcome.
    Mick
  15. Cannonball A Fixture

Hi Mick, my preference for what it’s worth would be something along the lines of pose C with the banner to add a different point of interest. Best of luck with this, whichever you choose.
    mick3272 likes this.
  16. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Neal.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment, would you mind clicking the C button on the poll above so I can keep track.
    Thanks
    Mick
  17. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Mick,

I think pose C with the banner off to the side would look very striking. My "tuppence" for what it's worth.

Pete
    Nap and mick3272 like this.
  18. mick3272 A Fixture

Tuppence worth a man of your standing should be ten penneth .:)
    Thanks Pete.
    All the best Mick
    prhayes68 and Nap like this.
  19. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Mick,

I eagerly await the Irish Guard from this range!

Pete
    Nap and mick3272 like this.
  20. Nap Moderator

England
    Mick

If you choose C ie: banner hanging ..you might perhaps consider a transfer as with the previous kettle drummer

Just a thought

Nap
    mick3272 likes this.