1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Open Scale Model Handbook

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by megroot, Mar 23, 2012.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Today with the post arrived number two of this 3 month magazine.
    As I whas a little scared to buy number one I wasn't disappointed. So, the moment the announcement for number two came I immediately ordered a copy.
    0.jpg

Well, it come with a great bang on the doorstep.
    After a few hours I couldn't wait to open the carboard box where the magazine was hidden in.
    A outstanding picture of Pegaso Roaming Knight at the cover.
    So I don't had it anymore and go to my cave to explore this new magazine.

First: Ernesto Reyes give's a great article with the Roaming Knight and did a SBS with awesome pictures how he tackeld that difficult but also great figure.
    0.1.jpg
    Second: The Award winning model of Alexandre Cortina Bonastre with his Edward Teach. He gives inside information to paint with Humbrol, oil and printers ink.
    For me as oiladdict a great article.
    Third: Grigoris Marmatakis bring's the article about a WW 1 Stormtrooper in 1917 at the Western front. He build up a great trench with a skeleton and a great dirty up German Soldier.
    Fourth: Templar Knight 90 mm painted by Ernesto Reyes. Great article about building the figure and some tricks about filling the gaps.
    0.2.jpg
    Fift: A new section: Masterclass Figure Gallery.

0.3.jpg

Here some of Louis D'orio's award winning models come in a showcase where every figure is page filling. Outstanding pictures.
    Sixth and last article is from Massimo Pasquali who is giving us the in and outs about painting the Greek Merenary in the difficult color black.
    0CAN3FJDM.jpg

For me this is for us figure painters a TOP magazine. I'm so excited about it that i'm allready looking forward to number 3.
    I can only say it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, first about the quality of the figures, second the great articles.

Marc
    kaz6120, Tommi, Wigdog and 1 other person like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice words Marc, is there a link ? A cover photo ?
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    something like i did now??
    gordy likes this.
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Marc! Looks great by all accounts (y)
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

Marc ,
    Thanks for your comments always appreciated to see other modellers thoughts

I have received my copy and will be doing a review with my comments hopefully this weekend (work permitting) .

Certainly looks equal to the 1st book

Nap
  6. Pepperpot Active Member

Germany
    Thank you for this review. I already have the first issue and it looks like I will get the second one as well.
  7. Wigdog Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Marc. You likely made a sale!
  8. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Marc
    Can you tell me,are all the figure subjects done in Acrylics ?
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    No, the figures are done in Acrylic and others are done in oils.

Marc
  10. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks,i might get myself a copy of this (y)

Brian
  11. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece