Op. Nimrod SAS Iranian Embassy 1980 - Moz Corry

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Grod, May 5, 2020.

1. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Folks

Today marks the 40th anniversary of the ending of the Iranian Embassy siege in London by the SAS regiment.

To mark this Moz Corry has sculpted a 150mm (1/12th scale) scale figure for the presentation market. I have cast a few kit versions and if anyone is interested in purchasing one please email me on gordonmi@hotmail.com

Price is £50.00 with free worldwide shipping.

Cheers
    Gordon

P5030006.JPG P5030007.JPG P5030008.JPG P5030009.JPG P5030010.JPG P5030011.JPG P5030012.JPG P5030013.JPG P5030014.JPG P5030015.JPG P5030001.JPG P5030004.JPG P5030005.JPG
  2. Sgt. Red Active Member

I need that one!!!
  3. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Reminds me of a kit I did in the early 90's possibly Verlinden. 120mm but the figure was kneeling, I wish I could buy this one
  4. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Nice, but the MP5 needs more bulk.
    Best, Martin
    MP 5.jpg SAS Nimrod gear.jpg
  5. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Incorrect, your pic depicts a training weapon. Another speculative criticism from you. You should just stop that s/*% unless you have achieved perfection. The MP5 in the sculpt is accurate. You are like the janitor who criticizes everything and everyone but you are still a janitor. It's weird.
  6. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Steve,
    don`t want to get into this but just for the record: In my job I have to handle this weapon on a daily basis. The size of the training weapon for simunition is not different from the version that fires life ammo - in fact you have just to remove the barrel insert to fire life ammo.
    If I have the chance I will take pictures today from these weapons side by side.
    The way you presented your view speaks for itself.
    You should know your sh$t before making such comments.
    Nap likes this.
  7. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi guys

Constructive comments are welcome but keep it polite anything else by PM

It's a good release from Gordon , highlighting the amazing bravery that happened 40 years ago

For those interested there is a SAS group on social media as well with past members of the Regt involved including Rusty Firmin who was blue team leader on the Op itself ( hopefully that's correct ) .....lots of stuff on equipt and indeed Op Nimrod amongst others

Stay safe

Nap
    Martin64 likes this.
  8. newtonk Active Member

New_Zealand
    I like the figure, but identified that as an issue, too. Had the figure been in 1/16, I’d of brought it and replaced the MP5 immediately. Looking at a similar figure of the same subject, also by Moz Corry, the MP5 looks more in scale.

44994718-D3E5-4697-8A3A-B6A9F64C92EA.jpeg
    Martin64 likes this.