1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Online Workshop with Fernando Ruiz

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by gordy, Jan 4, 2011.

1. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Are you a new painter ? Haven't touched a brush in years ? Are you ready to kick your painting up a level?

For this new year, La Fabrica Roja and planetFigure are co-hosting an on-line (open and free) painting Workshop by Fernando Ruiz, who generously offered and extended to collaborate with planetFigure for English speaking members.
    (original Spanish thread here)

The figure subject is a historical piece, and is the 54mm Cossack XVII from Historic Art Miniatures.

COSSACKhome3.jpg

The start date is in February, giving the entire month of January for people to purchase their Cossack. I will create a sub-forum for Fernando to lead the participants along with his and their progress.

Participants need to reply to this thread and state that you have or plan on acquiring the workshop Cossack.

Happy New Year!
  2. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi, all!

As some of you might have seen, I announced here that I was going to do a painting course in the spanish forum "La Fábrica Roja". Megroot pointed that it could be interesting but he couldn't read or write spanish. That made me think about the possibility to do the course here, in english, too. After some discussion with Gordy, I'm glad to tell you that everything is ready to start in February so, everyone is welcome to join!

The idea is to do a course for painters of a beginner-intermediate level. It will cover all basic stuff (as the figure itself has a bit of everything) plus a bit of terrain making.

I have talked with Jesús Martín, owner of HistoricArt and he can offer a 10% discount for customers who buy the miniature for the course. If any of you are interested, instead of purchasing it through the online store of HistoricArt, send him an e-mail at info@historicartminiatures.com, indicating that you will take the course and he will tell you what to do.

As Gordy said, those who would like to join must get the miniature before February and express formally their wish to participate in this same thread. Then, Gordy will open a subforum where everyone will have his/her own thread to post the advances. I will open too a "teacher" thread for showing my advances and giving the needed explanations and will guide the efforts of each "pupil" in his/her own thread.

Soon, I will give some more info here. Of course, if you have any question, just ask!

Regards
    FeR
  3. bladerunner8u New Member

United-States
    I will be watching this! Thanks for sharing your talent!

BTW What media do you use?
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I love this idea and will participate. I'll get that figure on order today.
  5. Patrick Kamsma Active Member

Netherlands
    What a great idea. Count me in.
    I will order the figure right away.

As bladerunner8u/ Glenn mentioned, what type of media do you use?
    Acrylics? Oils? Or is this up to ourselves?
  6. toy4x4 Active Member

United-States
    I am also in. I will order the figure today.
  7. jknaus Active Member

Canada
    I'm in. Have sent the email. Every little bit I learn makes the process more fun.
    James
  8. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    What a great idea. Definately count me in. I am going to get that figure on order right away.
  9. Merkava Active Member

France
    Great ! I am your man ! I have just send an email to HistoricArt to know how I can order the figure.
  10. langeler New Member

Netherlands
    the right course

I've sent the email and will surely join, especially for the reason that I'm a restarter. Thanks for the initiative.
  11. red_duc_04 New Member

United-States
    Great Idea

I am in category 2; haven't picked up a brush in years.

I used to paint in oils, but want to switch to the acrylic's. So I guess I am starting over again.

-Steve
  12. tissibzh Active Member

France
    I'm with, "for eyes pleasure only!!"
  13. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi, guys!
    I'm really glad you like the idea. I will use only acrylics. Also, as not everybody has one, I will not use either the airbrush.

So, the confirmed list so far:

Mike (Mehaan34)
    Patrick Kamsa
    Terry Mars (toy 4x4)
    James Knaus (jknaus)
    Piotr Kalinowski (Piotrec)
    Didier (Merkava)
    Ton Langeler
    Steve (red duc 04)

We are already 8! I would like to be sure if Glenn Bartolotti and Christian Le Nagard want to participate or not :D:D:D. I didn't fully understood their intention by their messages.

Regards
    FeR
  14. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Fantastic iniciative Fernando!
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great that it is in acrylic but i'm off.
    Maybe a challenge for a diehard in oilpaint to follow your idea.

Marc
  16. chironmodel New Member

France
    Painting is not my strong point but why not have control fig aujourd and I think the idea is nice.
    So if all goes well I'd be an adventure too
  17. Instructorrob Active Member

Netherlands
    Well, I guess you can count me in too.
    I have an oil fetish, and this might be the right therapy to convert me to acrylics :)

Cheers,

Robert

By the way: fantastic initiative, guys.
  18. John G New Member

Belgium
    Hello everyone
    I just exellent initiative sent to unemail figurine I ordered the part with much pleasure it will help me to progress in my painting figurines thank you gordy and Fernando
  19. joegabo Member

Canada
    Hello,

This sounds too good to pass up! Sign me up please. Thanks to all involved in setting up and leading a pro-bono event!

Take care,
    Joe
  20. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Sign me up too please, just ordered my Cossack today.

Thanks,
    Andrew