1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Oniria Miniatures, 28mm-36mm, - Major Dundee ("Major ain't no lawyer")

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by KenBoyle, Feb 10, 2019.

1. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States

Thanks Nap! The major is my favorite of the three. For the eyes I paint a dark shadow under the brow above the eye then a very light flesh where the whites would be. A dark dot for the pupil and then clean up the bottom of the eye with medium flesh. This gives the hint of an eye without a lot of detail. Good enough for this scale, I think.

I couldn't find a film still for this exact scene. Many of the posters for the film contain head shots of these three figures and there are stills of Charlton Heston's pose. Oniria could correct me on this but I think they created a scene to incorporate the three figures and added the horse for background interest.

Cheers,
    Ken
  2. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States

Many thanks Keith!

Cheers,
    Ken
    Wings5797 likes this.
  3. oniria A Fixture

Spain
    Hi.
    Ken I've added pictures of your vignette in my web's gallery.
    You are right. This scene is made up. It's not in the movie. The pose of Chuck IS form the movie but the scene of the vignette is made up. I have to say that it took me a lot of time and "collages" until I came up with a decent looking setting: It was really difficult and frustrating (at least for me), to find a coherent figure posing and scene that would include the three characters and Hestons's particular pose. Once I came up with it was a relief ! As for the horse in the backgorund, you are also right. Initially the set was going to have only the three characters, but it was lacking something. Once the horse it included in the back it helps to focus your view on the figures in the front. I's t like it groups them. I also thought that it would be interesting if someone would like to only paint a Union or Confederate officer, instead of the movie setting.
    Saludetes
    KenBoyle likes this.
  4. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States

Thanks for updating the gallery and responding to the scene question. I think your choices were right on and I love the addition of the horse. It just completes the vignette. I look forward to future releases. :)(y)(y)(y)

Cheers,
    Ken
    oniria likes this.