1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"One-way ticket" finished!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Marijn Van Gils, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Bruno New Member

Hi Marjin,

great idea, great work with full of atmosphere!!!
    Superb scukpting and painting!!!

My compliment

Many greatings from Germany

Bruno
  2. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Marijin
    Compliment great piece ................ ;)

MAB :)
  3. Yarok New Member

Yup, he did it again :lol:

Excellent work Marijn (y) Just a thought that's mainly a matter of personal taste, but i'll tell it anyway: the lettering on the cart looks like it's written in chalks... would a grown-up soldier write in cursive letters? I'd have it painted or written in a more ragged, rough style, a bit like so.

Anyway, that's an excellent piece of work - again - and some clever and imaginative setup - again!

Kudos!

Patrick
  4. Marijn Van Gils New Member

Thanks a lot for the comments guys, and sorry for the late reply. Fieldwork and hollidays limited my surfing-time quite a bit...

Thanks for the comment about the lettering Patrick. However, I copied the slogans and the style of the letters from period photographs of these trainwagons. Although I couldn't get my own writing style completely out of it and the slogans are smaller than the ones on the pictures (to get them to fit to the composition), the style is pretty close. Logic can be good, but research is always better! :lol:
    Thanks a lot though for thinking along! :)

Best wishes,

Marijn
  5. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Great work, I really like the graffitis over the wood, did you paint the faces with Humbrol?
    cheers
    ER
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Marijn ,
    Words fail me this is simply stunning , love the idea ....Euro Gold and BOS coming up ...Regards in awe Kev
  7. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Again.......my apologies for not looking before........Awesome and Inspirational work my friend.....(I know we're still friends after my clumsiness :( )

Take Care,

Ray ;)
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Simply beautiful. Nothing more to say.