1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

One That Was Not On My Bucket List....

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by bonehead, Feb 7, 2013.

1. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    But should have been! Thankfully, I already did it so I can scratch off my list now.....

Plus, having seen all of hose nifty Victorian subjects put out by the likes of Moz and others, I wanted to show off my own stuff. There are more where this one came from. Watch this space.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

The subject is Sir Charles Napier as he appeared in India where he was known as the "Conquerer of Scind". The tulwar sword and poshteen coat are typical native Indian items. This figure will be commercially available at some future date. That is all I can say about that right now - so don't ask!

Cheers!!

Mike
    Sokol, Rich Sculpts, GARRY and 32 others like this.
  2. Einion Well-Known Member

That's a really interesting one Mike, very nice job. I bet it'll paint up brilliantly.

I presume this is the sender of the famous (but possibly apocryphal) "Peccavi" telegram :)

Einion
  3. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    As I scrolled down I thought it was a funky Sgt Pepper steampunk type of figure!
    Looks brilliant as usual Mike:)
    Wings5797 likes this.
  4. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Great choice of subject and period Mike , look forward to seeing whats next.

Cheers David
  5. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    My, that's a nice one !! (y)
    I confess I had to do a very quick google to find out who this guy was, ... seems he had a sense of humour I can approve of :) and 10/10 for you, you captured the likeness very well (y)
    ... out of your bucket list, on my buying list !

I had really no idea at all who this personality was, are you going to be very angry at me if I tell you my first thought was you did John Lennon, or just a little bit ?
    Wings5797 likes this.
  6. Edward A Fixture

England
    Absolutely brilliant figure. This is a must have for me, being a fan of Victorian subjects.
  7. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Mike, WoW!! Excellent sculpting. The details on this figure are outstanding. What scale is this Mike? Regards, SG(y)(y)
  8. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Oh, sorry folks, this is a 120mm figure. And he out-ranks Sgt. Pepper by a considerable amount! But hey, if you are into steam punk, he will do......
  9. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    When his head came up on screen I also thought it was John Lennon!

Colin
    diamond cutter likes this.
  10. Danis Active Member

Greece
    What a great sculpt !! Lovely figure :)
  11. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb sculpting.

Mike
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Amazing sculptwork.
    That face is fenomenal.

Marc
  13. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic piece!!! Super clean work!!!

All sculptors should learn how to finish the surface like this... including myself :)
  14. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Mike - do you have to saw him apart to have him cast now? I have always wondered how this was done. Band saw? Dremel? Bread knife?

Colin
  15. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    A lovely figure. I can't wait until it goes on sale. I really like his stance, the spy glass and the woollen jacket. Very hippie.
  16. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Yes, Mike. Yours sculptures, in adition to be always fantastic are incredibly clean. (y)
  17. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    [IMG]

A picture of Sir Charles Napier
  18. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Dumb question - I spotted the arm seams when I actually took the trouble to look carefully. D'oh!
  19. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Too KOOL!

All the best,
    Dan
  20. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Mike,
    Great looking figure. Well done.
    Cheers
    John