1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

One SuperSculpey aproach

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Tomas, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Tomas Member

Spain
    Hi Again.
    Enclose some pics of my last experience with SuperSculpey.A bust in 1/9 scale.
    Yesterday evening,I see the film "Crash",(Higly recomended)at home.I started to play with a little portions of Sculpey,two hours and a half before the film was finnish this is the results. ;)
    The head are maked totally in my mind,(its better woek with some pics or draws of the characteer).This material looks like as red wax used for sculptors in big sizes works.I worked the general expresion of the face with the fingers and later
    with some rubber brushes for modellers,(Clay Shaper).
    Well, at the momment I don't know,what can I do with this guy, :lol: .
    Any idea,some sugesttions ?.Thanks...

Tomas

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. LCoote New Member

Australia
    G'day Tomas, I think the eyelids are a bit overdone but apart from that it looks excellent.

Leigh
  3. Tomas Member

Spain
    Hola Leigh!,You are right.
    Really the eyes zone are not finish yet are poorly worked,I had some problems
    working with Sculpey in soft state is very smoothly and sticky,also working with the "hands on air",its a little difficult to define all the faces zones.
    Today,I'm still playing with the expresion of the face, its very instructive,only a pression touch with the fingers and all the chracther change!! :) .
    When define the personage.I will have to cooking the piece in the oven...
    ...an experience.
    All the best,

Tomas
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looks okay. It's a bit hard to take the bust all in as the pictures are HUGE.~Gary
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking great Tomas. Keep us posted on the next steps.
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I like it. You may want to make the nostrils a bit smaller to bring in that part of the nose.~Gary
  7. Tomas Member

Spain
    Thanks Guy,I will try to make this bust the best can I do.I think ,probably the subget are a"Desert Rat" or US.Gi of the Great War. :eek:
    To be continued...
    Regards,

Tomas

Hola Garyjd,
    Thanks for your certain comment,really all the nose and parts of the head need
    to put away,(carved) little quantities of material.At the momment I dont know if I make them in fresh Sculpey or wait to put inside the oven.
    Regards,

Tomas