1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

One Nice Thing About Winter...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sd0324, Feb 28, 2013.

1. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

And what the hell is a pram? Or should I be offended.
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Help ma boab I'm next :nailbiting::nailbiting: Can you actually understand anything you read ? At no point did I refer to you I was clearly speaking about the 'one day' tourist experience........actually I can't be bothered trying to explain....
  3. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Cool,I apologized,now let us paint figures of people who kill one another, and yes I do understand what I read,thanks for the insult. No need to explain. Your meaning was quite clear.
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Clearly not......you seem to have a remarkable talent for alienating people who take a reasonably balanced view for the need to have organised controlled hunting as a management process to ensure species health.......by the way I'm talking about myself here
    Gaudin likes this.
  5. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Far too sensitive for a guy who smartly commented to me I was being too sensitive.
  6. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Sensitive me...... that'll give a few people here a laugh......well done :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    housecarl likes this.
  7. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

You Sir are a good sport. I can tell you are not British. I like you.
  8. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Absolutely right...I'm a Glaswegian...no mean city :D
  9. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

I knew it.;)
  10. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Acually, believe it or not, I expect more of you. You are not on the same level as an animal. Typing on the internet proves that.
    But what you fail to understand or aknowledge are that we are not painting any real men slaughtering each others, its not real, just like in most movies, it is just small statues made of different materials. Thus had the dead coyotes been miniatures had I not protested.

I dont know if I more evolved than you, but by the look of this discussion I seem to be more logical, polite, on-topic and smarter. Keep the names coming, you will surely get symphaties and win the argument with that tactic.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
    Gaudin, pmfs and housecarl like this.
  11. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

You know, I was the one attacked here,tried to be polite,then tried to be humorous. Then even admitted your superior intellect and popularity. Now go back to your state controlled government provided apartment and leave me be. You could never understand how it feels to be a free man . I admitted the pic may have been a mistake to post,but quit acting like this is some sort of animal abuse or wanton slaughter. Do some research on Coyotes in America. Jesus Christ,grow a pair.
  12. IronMike A Fixture

I am not taking any sides here. I grew up in the Midwest and hunted for many years. I was always taught that you didn't kill anything unless you planned to eat it. I can also understand the killing of preditors especially those that in past years are creating a real problem for ranchers, farmers, and the public. There are in fact many people injured every year by some of these wild animals. I know the argument can be made that they were here first etc etc. I agree. There must be a balance. But with that said my only reason for posting is the comment on the following post which I agree with 100%

For me the hunter who strips his technology down to the bare minimum and hunts on as level a playing field as possible is something I can understand.
    What I can't is where hunting becomes part of the tourist industry where overfed, overindulged fat ba***rds are driven to 'wild' places where 'wild' animals are corralled, handed a high powered rifle that somebody else has loded for them and sit on their a*ses taking pot shots until the hit something.

If you're going to make it a sport at least make it sporting to both sides. Fat bastards that sit in a truck being driven by a guide to shoot a wildabeast that is damn near tied to a tree so he can be hit are not sportsmen. In that there is no glory nor honor nor pride. I would bet that in those cases these people are suffering from a difficency in anatomy somewhere. I doubt many would be out there stalking lions and tigers and bears if there was a chance they too were being stalked.

I'm now signing off so I can watch some football. My team, the Rough Tuff Cream Puffs, vs the Home for the Deaf and Blind. Boy are we going to kick their asses.
    Gaudin and DEL like this.
  13. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    You where not attacked. Not by me. Although I do think Tecumsea´s comments where abusive and uncalled for. But you still dont see you part of it, even if you do say that you apologize, you dont mean it, and keep calling us names. You are using sarcasm, irony and pretending to be stupid and in an underdog position. Trying to imply that you are more man than I, and more free? What kind of man does even have to suggest such thing? And what does it have to do with the topic? And even if it was true, why would you bother?

And should you find some nonsence answer if its relevant, please go on and explain to me what the kind of Goverment we have here in Sweden has anything to do with this topic? And I live in a house that I own, for the record. And I decide when I leave you to be. And it wont happen until you stop posting such crappy and ignorant post as you have recently. I do like to think that I know a lot more of North America than you do of my country. At least I understand the language and have visited it a few times.

I have no idea it this was animal abuse or wanton slaugher? It is actually you who make it sound like it was with your posts in this topic? I actually considered posting picturial evidence here to contradict the last suggestion in your post. But again, like the dead coyotes, I dont think its a wise thing to do.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
    Gaudin, DEL, pmfs and 1 other person like this.
  14. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Well said. You are a good man.
  15. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Humans kill animals for eating, coyotes kill also for eating and there is no diference.
    One of the biggest diference between man vs animal is that some man´s are rational and acting in a way quite different from the animal, so we have to use your intelligence to control our behavior - the man has intelligence, awareness and ability to analyze their actions, perform their tasks, plan activities and put them into practice....
    Who kills for killing certainly has a mental problem that needs quick treatment....
    housecarl and Uruk-Hai like this.
  16. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Don't listen to that crazy Glasgow Priest AK
  17. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pest control where the authorities are obliged to destroy a genuinely dangerous animal that poses a serious threat to life and limb is one thing, however killing creatures as capable of feeling and expressing fear and pain as you or I for 'sport' is quite another.

I have always said with these " sport hunters ", that NOT ONE would agree to a 'hunt' were these people invited to pay top money to go to a totally lawless country (take your pick of numerous around the world), local officials bribed to allow it and paid professional ex- soldiers/mercs/snipers stalked by these alleged "hunters" on a level playing field with total immunity from prosecution on BOTH sides. Now that would be a real challenge to a sport hunter; stalking a former SAS/SEAL/DELTA/FFL/GOLANI/SPETZNAZ/GSG 9 etc. veteran rather than blasting an animal from almost a mile away with a high velocity rifle whilst it was taking a piss or digesting a meal.

I am sure for the right money and legal immunity from prosecution that there would have no shortage of mercs or veterans prepared to participate in the venture but I do wonder how many "hunters" would agree to such voluntary participation where their life was at risk from a quarry (man) with the equal intelligence, ability and means to defend itself? I mean, come on guys, imagine being able to say to your pals whilst sinking a few beers down the local bar and thus proving your manhood, how you stalked, bettered and "took out" a SF vet rather than a half starved bear or similar that you blasted from the other side of the valley as it scavenged through someone's household waste........or shall we just play it 100% safe and stick with the dumb animals?

Gary
    sd0324, Tecumsea and housecarl like this.
  18. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I thought this might result in some passionate 'debate' and the use of some extreme 'what ifs' to illustrate individuals positions on the matter.
    For myself I don't hunt but I do understand the need for a range of control measures to be in place in certain situations, I don't understand the 'sport' involved.
    Wild animals are more likely than ever to come in contact with humans than ever before primarily due to our impact on their environment, destruction of habitat, the amount of waste we generate, the building of roads..the list goes on. The reality is we are where we are and it seems that more often now we hear of situations where there are 'problem' individual animals and possibly even packs and the situation needs to be controlled. This is why effective, enforced and sensible legislation needs to be in place.
    As I've said before context is vital, no need to list the reprehensible outrages we see contantly and in these situations the context is clear although the chain of responsibility extends well beyond the hunter.
    In the UK our problem in terms of animal human contact is relatively minor and is primarily to do with foxes particularly where they have moved into the urban environment where there seems to be an increasing occurence of foxes attacking domestic animals and in recent cases children. Now the vast majority of these stories will be apocryphal but not all.
    Humane control falls to the Royal Society for Protection of Cruelty to Animals who have very good guidelines on living with foxes in town situations. Previously where a problem was identified many local authorities would destroy the fox, however as society has become more knowledgable about them this action is rarely if ever carried out.
    My concern is that where there is a lack of policy and strategy then people might take matters into their own hands, setting traps, laying out poisons or worst of all, taking pot shots with entirely unsuitable weapons.
    In Scotland we have a substantial Red Deer population that requires to be periodically 'culled' to reduce the risk of starvation and disease. Numbers vary depending on who you talk to about it, Heritage conservation groups say 300,000 or so, Gamekeepers say up to 700,000.......do you think there are vested interests operating here?
    I've never killed a red deer but they've nearly killed me twice. Once when one jumped on to the bonnet of my car as I drove the family past Loch Maree in the west highlands of Scotland and the other time when I choked on a venison burger at Murrayfield ...... I don't eat venison any more;)
    D
    housecarl and Uruk-Hai like this.
  19. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thats what you get for eating in Edinburgh they don't like Weagies
  20. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Yeah they've got a hell of an inferiority complex.....this is true (y)