1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

One for Joe Hudson

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by johnbrewer, Apr 27, 2004.

1. johnbrewer New Member

As promised to Joe I am going to have a go at a tartan. The bust is from Bonapartes and is cast in a product which I think is called, cold cast resin. This is a resin with an additive that gives a very distinctive finish rough finish for the lack of better words to the end product. It really does take paint well. The bust has no casting problems at all. This is a bonus as it is tough as hell to clean up. All I needed to do was drill a hole in it for the mounting to go into.
  2. johnbrewer New Member

Face painting uderway, the bust is approx 110mm tall

Attached Files:

3. johnbrewer New Member

a bit closer in

Attached Files:

4. johnbrewer New Member

More work done on the face and the blue stated on the headgear.

Attached Files:

5. johnbrewer New Member

I am going for green eyes on this one. The hair colour is Burnt Sienna straight from the tube.

Attached Files:

6. johnbrewer New Member

Work started on the headgear with the oils. More defination on the eyes and shadows

Attached Files:

7. johnbrewer New Member

another view

Attached Files:

8. johnbrewer New Member

Started to put in highlights and shadows on the headgear, not showing too well on the picture.

Attached Files:

9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Very nice. I'm sure joe will like it. It looks to be one of their better busts, a lot of them suffer from very long necks.~Gary
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks fantastic John.........keep up the great work
  11. Patrick Kirk New Member

EXCELLENT my friend...
    Wow...really like the way that you have captured the flesh tones and the subtle highlights...super work brother! :lol:
    All the best

Patrick
  12. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Super, John. You are really moving on this one!
  13. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John,

What can I say? I am glad to see you back painting, how are you feeling? I too have this bust to do and I look forward to seeing your version. You are on the way to a Great looking one! (y) Do you have any idea on what clan you are going to paint? I have several different in mind for mine.

Joe
  14. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Looking good Joe.let us see more !! :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  15. johnbrewer New Member

Thanks all for the kind comments. I have yet to decide on the tartan for the figure, it may well be a spoilt for choice situation. One thing is concerning me about the bust and that is the front of the jacket?. I first thought it was a shirt that the figure was wearing. But the collar does not seem to fit in with that, but there are no buttons or jacket edge at the front. Any ideas anyone?. See attached picture

Gary Good point about the necks on the busts. The all time winner for this must have been the 17th Lancer, it was huge!!!. I believe Maurice Correy is now doing the sculpting.

Attached Files:

16. johnbrewer New Member

I have started to play around with the whites on the bust. A brown white for the ribbon and a blue white for the lace around the throat.

Attached Files:

17. johnbrewer New Member

plodding on with it!

Attached Files:

18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He is comming along great John......keep plodding!
  19. johnbrewer New Member

Green for the jacket started

Attached Files:

20. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John,

He is looking really nice. I am looking forward to seeing the tartan. ;) Keep up the good work.

Joe