1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"One Aim Two Goals"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Feb 21, 2010.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :) !
    My latest vBench project using bits kindly given to me by Raymond O. Lantz, a fellow planeteer (thanks, Ray (y) !) Basically it depicts an artist and a cat in a deserted square, each having the aim of "interacting" ;) with the birds feeding there. Obviously, the goals of each differs considerably :D ! Ray kindly provided the street lamp and the birds. The figure is fully scratch-built, as is most of the accessories, from 2-part epoxy putty, Evergreen plastic rod, paper and cardboard. The square itself is from an old Lion Roar diorama set that I had in my spares box. The cat is made up of spare bits from Tamiya and putty. The wine bottle and mug is from my spares box. The beautiful base is from the Hussar. Next stop, painting :cool:. Thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth :p.

Attached Files:

gforceman likes this.
  2. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    1 more photo to the thread. This shows the base used. The layout is a little different as I took this shot before I decided to rearrange some elements in the scene :D. Thanks :).

Attached Files:

3. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Kenneth, great idea and a very well constructed layout, for me and this is just my opinion the "one Aim two Goals" isn't obvious as to what it's referring to. Now if the cat was more of a cartoon character and was copying the raised hand and thumb that would work for me. Look forward to seeing the painting .(y)
    Cheers Ken
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Marvelous composition and sculpting, Kenneth! Your vignettes all seem to be playful observations about life and are just great!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Lovely idea-look forward to the finished piece,
    Keith
  6. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    I really like the concept. . . and the idea is something I haven't seen before,
    which makes this very interesting, very creative thinking.

Eager to see more,

Kansas Kid
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Wonderful concept Kenneth. Your figures rock!!
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks, Ken !

Hi Ken !
    Thank you very much for the encouragement; it's actually my intention to create the scene without resorting to the "cat" being a cartoon caricature of the real thing. However, the concept is rather "cool" and I might just do one like that in the future ;) ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :).
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks, Dan !

Dan, my good friend :D !
    Thank you very much; I'm glad the concept appeals to your sense of humour :) ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :cool:.
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks, Keith !

Hi Keith !
    Thank you very much :) ! I'll try to paint the scene up soon. Cheers !
    Kenneth :D.
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks, Rick !

Hi Rick !
    Thank you very much for the positive comments; I'm glad you like it :D. Cheers !
    Kenneth :).
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks, Tony !

Hi Tony !
    Thank you very much :) ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :D.
  13. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth,
    Thanks for the mention, I'm really glad that you were able to find a use for the lamp and birds. When painted you'll be the first to have actually used the lamp in a finished scene. I made the patterns and molds for the lamp about eight years ago, and just haven't gotten around to using a set yet.

The scene you're making is wonderfully orignal, and the cat and artist figures are great, really bringing the scene to life. I'm eager to see the finished piece painted along with everyone else.

Thanks for posting.

Ray
  14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank You Very Much, Ray !

Ray, my friend !
    Thank you very much for the kind words; I'm glad you like the vignette :D ! First one to use the street lamp, eh ? Wow, I sure hope that I won't disappoint with the finished product ;). Cheers !
    Kenneth :cool:.