1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

On to the next project

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Jan 15, 2004.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Just to add to Gary's suggestion, you could probably scrape or carve some of the wrinkles out. I have done this before and it will work provided the wrinkles aren't too deep. I think it looks very good at this point. It's easy to add too many wrinkles. The ones that are there seem correct in direction and anchor point.
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Just to add to Gary's suggestion, you could probably scrape or carve some of the wrinkles out. I have done this before and it will work provided the wrinkles aren't too deep. I think it looks very good at this point. It's easy to add too many wrinkles. The ones that are there seem correct in direction and anchor point.
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for the positive comments and the feed back. The pants I am trying to simulate are really worn wool pants, that's spent many a day in rough terrain. The only problem is that I'm really happy with how it looks, and Im not sure I want to risk screwing it up by trying to make less folds. I'll do some more on the figure and then I'll see what I'll do, but I think in the long run that I probably should redo it, and gain experience from doing it.
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for the positive comments and the feed back. The pants I am trying to simulate are really worn wool pants, that's spent many a day in rough terrain. The only problem is that I'm really happy with how it looks, and Im not sure I want to risk screwing it up by trying to make less folds. I'll do some more on the figure and then I'll see what I'll do, but I think in the long run that I probably should redo it, and gain experience from doing it.
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Time for another update! Ive now almost finished this figure as far as I can before starting the next one, you'll see in the next few steps what I'm talking about. I also reworked the legs a little, might have to add some more to the butt, but Im pretty pleased with how it turned out. Overall Im happy with the figure so far, the pose is almost exactly how I want it, and it looks "right", atleast to me, so if it looks anatomically awkward to you guys please let me know.
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Time for another update! Ive now almost finished this figure as far as I can before starting the next one, you'll see in the next few steps what I'm talking about. I also reworked the legs a little, might have to add some more to the butt, but Im pretty pleased with how it turned out. Overall Im happy with the figure so far, the pose is almost exactly how I want it, and it looks "right", atleast to me, so if it looks anatomically awkward to you guys please let me know.
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    And here are closeup of the pants after removing some folds.
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    And here are closeup of the pants after removing some folds.
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders,

It is looking nice and I understand about not wanting to mess with the figure but I can tell you and will post pictures later that on the Creole, I have re-sculpted the hood 4 times! :eek: I am still not sure if it is right. Anyway, I just wanted to say that your sculpting has made leaps and bounds over the past year and I look forward to seeing more from you. (y)
    Joe
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders,

It is looking nice and I understand about not wanting to mess with the figure but I can tell you and will post pictures later that on the Creole, I have re-sculpted the hood 4 times! :eek: I am still not sure if it is right. Anyway, I just wanted to say that your sculpting has made leaps and bounds over the past year and I look forward to seeing more from you. (y)
    Joe
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Joe, appreciate it :)

Here is the latest update and it will explain my previous posting.
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Joe, appreciate it :)

Here is the latest update and it will explain my previous posting.
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    And here is the image that Im working from
  14. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    And here is the image that Im working from
  15. Pete_H New Member

I really hate to rain on your parade, my friend, but notice how the Russian doing the carrying is a bit hunched over. If he stood erect, the weight on his back would almost certainly cause him to lose his balance.
  16. Pete_H New Member

I really hate to rain on your parade, my friend, but notice how the Russian doing the carrying is a bit hunched over. If he stood erect, the weight on his back would almost certainly cause him to lose his balance.
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Peeety!

Agreed and if you notice the feet arent placed on the base on the sticky tack like he will be posed on the real base, so he will lean over a little, but not much, just about like in the picture, atleast thats what Im thinking :)
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Peeety!

Agreed and if you notice the feet arent placed on the base on the sticky tack like he will be posed on the real base, so he will lean over a little, but not much, just about like in the picture, atleast thats what Im thinking :)
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking great Anders, I see a tremendous growth in your sculpting talent and abilities. Overcoming the technical side I am sure you will complete a stunning figure levels above previous figures.........Keep growning.........keep sculpting...........you're doing "GREAT" (y)
  20. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking great Anders, I see a tremendous growth in your sculpting talent and abilities. Overcoming the technical side I am sure you will complete a stunning figure levels above previous figures.........Keep growning.........keep sculpting...........you're doing "GREAT" (y)