1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

on the firing line

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jason W., Apr 3, 2004.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, That is just great my friend. All those belts and straps just make me dizzy. Keep it up.~Gary
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Jason...........love to see your sbs
  3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason,

Great work. I am looking forward to seeing more of the sbs. I hope to start on something myself soon after the show. Thanks for helping to keep us and ME ;) Motivated!

Joe
  4. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Jason

just to re-iterate the other comments:

Beautiful, excellent, well conceived and inspiring! :lol:

keep it coming

Rob
  5. jitch0t Member

Spain
    It's looking sooooooo great! can't wait until next step! is that Magic Sculp?
  6. Larry R New Member

Jason, again more great work. Looking forward to more of this sbs. Congrats!
  7. LCoote New Member

Australia
    :eek: AWESOME Jason, what can I say
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Jason,I must agree with the rest on this:AWESOME WORK,my friend (y) (y) (y) ! Thanks for posting and keeping us inspired.Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  9. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks fella's! It's your comments that keep me motivated. Needless to say, this project has been labor intensive, but fun as well.
    Gary, all those straps make me dizzy too :lol:
    Daniel, thanks buddy! Btw, have not forgot about the sbs stuff on the zouave.

Here's some more pic's. The soldier on the left is primed and ready to go (finally!).
    Need some more work on the little things- rifle, knapsacks and such.
    Not sure about the "falling" soldier. I didn't really intend on having him falling off the base. But, I guess it gives more of a sense of movement. His knapsack, except for the mess tin in top, is all Magic Scup, straps as well. I think I may use this instead of lead foil for straps. I like how it blends in and is more easy to manipulate.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Jason,that's one AWESOME,AWESOME vignette you got there (y) (y) (y) !!! Now I'm REALLY inspired to try some thing similar ! Keep it up,my friend and I'm looking forward to the next step.Cheers !
    Kenneth.

BTW,how come the chin straps on the kepis are in different colours(and bright ones too !) ?
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, Very very nice. I'm glad you managed to finish it. I do like the figure falling, though part(s) of figures hanging off a base can be a bit tricky hauling it to a show. After seeing your work in person I'd really like to see this one painted. By the way what ever happened to your French officer in the greatcoat? Did you ever paint him? Hey, I even made a trip out tonight to buy some paint brushes.~Gary
  12. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Absolutely super Jason :)
  13. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Kenneth and Bob!

Gary, I hate to say it, but he's on the back burner :( He WILL get painted though. The reason why he didn't get painted earlier was he had no base. Now that I'm stocked up, he may be next "on deck". ;) Glad your gettin the paint bug...bout time.
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, I wanted to have enough brushes to get me through the few things I started painting and the other projects I'm working on. I picked up four more bases at MFCA and have a total of 15+ Thomas Art bases that I've gotten over the past few years. I only wish I would've scooped up more 54mm figure bases. Again great job on the vignette.~Gary
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Jason , beautiful work, I like it very much.

Keep up the good work.
    Roc. :)
  16. LCoote New Member

Australia
    That's just superb Jason (y) It's a great touch with the figure overhanging the base a little
  17. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason,

Just when I thought you could not get any better. ;) You come up with this great vignette! I look forward to seeing you paint it now.

Joe
  18. y_wong New Member

Dear Jason,

I am impressed. Wonderful work. Looking forward to their completion

regards :lol:
  19. Larry R New Member

Jason, you impress me more with every post. Truely outstanding work!
  20. Patrick Kirk New Member

Jason,
    Simply amazing...can't wait to see how you paint them up. Truly a work of art...I noticed that one of the figures is a little more white than the others...is he primmed or something?

Hope all is well

Patrick