1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP On The Evening of the Battle of Waterloo

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Hot_spur, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Hot_spur Member

United-States
    I came across this on the net. It's by our favorite Eugene Leliepvre. It answers a lot of questions I was searching out answers for - leather colors, metal colors, my questions 0n the reins, gelottieres, foxtails, uniform colors, etc. The guy was an absolute genius.

I didn't find out about Historex until the early 80s, and by then it was beginning to become hard to come by. Then with the likes of Bill Horan and Bill Ottinger (and others) in the 90s there was a resurgence. I was lucky to come across some collections that guys were unloading in the mid 90s, so now I have enough to last me for life.

The new versions of the figures are from molds that are getting quite old and worn - loss of detail, loads of flash, they don't include E.L.'s terrific artwork, etc. All of the young generation I know are painting space rangers, dragons, and orcs, but I hope someday we may see a resurgence of interest in actual historical subjects amongst the younger talent.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Attached Files:

2. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Geoff... stumbled across this one which might be surplus to requirements for you, but thought it might at least confirm a
    few details about the postillions.

Mike
  3. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    None too clever of me, was it..... forgot to include the attachment (silly bugger!)

0b103165215e40933ea916963c8e717c.jpg
  4. Hot_spur Member

United-States
    Awesome. Very helpful, indeed. Thank you.

My postilions are now ready to prime.

I've done a lot of online digging, and will be venturing into painting with acrylics. When I left the hobby 25 or so years ago, acrylics were a fairly new thing, and youtube wasn't even born yet. So I never really knew much about the medium, and my few experiments were mostly unsatisfying. In the ensuing years, my artist oils dried up on me, and I've decided to branch out and give acrylics a go. I see some amazing stuff online so I'm hoping to learn a few new tricks.

I'll keep you posted.