1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

On the Edge of the Precipice - Gefreiter, 389 Infantry Division, Stalingrad, 1942

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by zyclyon, Sep 4, 2020.

1. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Here is something new I have been working on for the past week after the Star Wars binge builds. I suppose the main play of this project is to use a tall feature to elevate the presentation of the figure to create a vertical composition. How the figure got up there is besides the point; I wanted this to be a metaphor about the vulnerable situation of the German 6th Army group and their impending fall.

The figure is from Tamiya German Infantry Set (Mid-WWII) (Item 35371) embellished with a Hornet head sporting the Splinter camouflage helmet cover. I felt that the body lacked the bulk to compliment the head and thus went about to pad some parts of the trousers and arms with epoxy putty.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The pipes and valve gates are made from sprues, styrene strips and rods. The brick wall is constructed from interlocking various parts of the brick wall set from Hero Hobby Kits. In all 3 sets were used for the wall - with some left over for debris and other future projects. They were textured with a ball burr on a drill - pretty much the same technique used to recreate the cast iron texture on armoured vehicles. Just a few more odds and ends to tie up before I break out the paints.

Cheers,

Calvin

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Continue reading...