1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP On the bench ......

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nap, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments ...

Keith ..the NMM is just the base coat!...looking forward to getting going on this one

The liner helmet is all my own work ..a lot of time and muttering , all parts are there !

Pedro,

A lot on the bench ....yes but not showing what's waiting in the cupboard !...time management is the keyword

Thanks for looking in

Nap
    pmfs likes this.
  2. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Cracking job on that helmet liner Kev!

Bob
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

Been working on the Patton bust from RP model ( Contact hpereira@rpscalemodels.com)

sorry pics not great , but it looks good in real ....water soluable oils on the jacket , then acrylics as normal etc ..

Originally holding bino's now a helmet( thanks Jimbo) I put all the insides in ..not much more to do and Old Blood and Guts will be finished

Thanks for looking in

Nap

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    tonydawe, samson, Bootneck and 5 others like this.
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Super work Kevin.
    The jacket is looking very realistic and all of the mutterings etc on the helmet lining was well worth the time and trouble.
    Well done Mate, great progress.
    Keith
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Keith,

Thanks for the comments happy with jacket and lining of helmet, going to have a look at it again later!

Pic of helmet looks a bit washed out..my rubbish photography

Thanks for looking in mate

Nap
  6. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Hi Kevin,
    I think the cameras settings are affected by the reflection from the hand on the helmet shot. For all that you can still see the super detailing on the lining.
    Once you paint the hand it should improve the shot.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  7. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Hi Kev, jacket looks great, reminds me of an old one of mine that is still standing in the back of the garage muttering to itself, and the Helmet looks good too so it's well done to you and to Jimbo(y)(y).
    Best wishes, Gary.
  8. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    PS Mine doesn't have the stars on the shoulder.
  9. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Kev..looking good mate(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
  10. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    You will need to work harder to get the stars Gary.:cautious:
    Cheers,
    Keith
    napoleonpeart and garyhiggins like this.
  11. Tarracus A Fixture

That's looking really really good Kevin. All the textures are being nicely rendered.(y)
    Cheers!
  12. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Lovely looking textures on the jacket Kevin. Well done. And thanks for the tip about stippling with sponge.

Peter.
  13. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice leather jacket Kevin.

Cheers
  14. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow these are nice really liking all of these
  15. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Nap, what a great amount of work you have in front of you, and i like every bit of it, the treatment on the leather jacket looks out of this world, wow!!!!!.
    Keep up the great work Nap!
  16. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    I'm loving the Patton bust Nap. I've thought about getting it myself, but have been waiting to see one done up first.
    I love the texture and details you can put into such a large amount of leather. Great work so far mate, keep it up.
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments , the surface hsd great texture on it and like Tony said a large area to put so much in .

Finished off the gloves yesterday , recheck today , then it's the holsters and guns with Ivory not pearl handles then finally the face (bareheaded).

I did a review on this if you want to have a look at it here:http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/general-george-patton-from-rp-models.66945/watch-confirm

Must admit I am enjoying this , if you want to purchase one then contact RP at hpereira@rpscalrmodels.com.......you won't regret it

Nap
  18. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Agreed great work! Kevin. ..you can almost smell that leather! A lovely subtlety and feel to it. Great use of paint and brush! (y)

Regards,

Mark
  19. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mark ,

Thanks for the comments ..smell the leather ..you sure you are on the right website...he he !

Nap
  20. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

My finished the helmet with hand gloved here are a couple of iffy pics before fitting ..the glove does look a lot more leather with highs etc !

Thanks for looking in

Nap

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    samson and garyhiggins like this.