1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Oleysa 1/10 bust WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Power Elephant, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Power Elephant Active Member

Here is what I've got so far. Comments apreciated, especialy on the freckles. So far the reception has been positive, but I can see how it might not appeal to some people.
    [IMG]
    Old Pete, Nap, KenBoyle and 3 others like this.
  2. Matt Springer Member

Nice! I kind of like the freckles. If it were me, I'd lighten them up a bit in the highlight areas with a glaze or two. Cheers for taking a risk.
  3. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Nice fleshtones, & as Matt says above I'd blend the freckles in a little. The flowers on the plinth are a nice touch, & add a splash of colour.
    Great work, watching with interest!
  4. Power Elephant Active Member

I would have most definently used a brighter shade in retrospect, but this is my first time doing it so I didn't really have a reference point. I did add a few glazes already to blend it in a little bit, but I'm afraid of destroying the contrast I've worked so long on. I'm not going to be doing anything else to the skin for now, I will take a second look once the rest is done.
  5. Peapot Active Member

Scotland
    Hello, as people have already said they need tweaked, I would lose a few here and there, especially near eyes and on chin. The philtrum also needs to match rest of lip in colour.
    Female faces have less contrast usually.
    I am sure you will be working on this still as its a Wip, but this is my opinion. Thanks for posting. Michael

http://paintedheroes.blogspot.com/
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Peter

This is a really lovely sculpt like your fleshtones what mix did you use ?

As for freckles agree with the comments about lightening them a little but good on you for the splatter

Look forward to seeing you do the hair and the flowers

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Stay safe

Nap
  7. Power Elephant Active Member

Here is an update. Much like the freckles the sheer fabric is something I'm doing for the first time. Took me a while but I think I finally got it right. None of these newly painted parts are finished mind you, I was a bit impatient and jumped around with my painting.
    [IMG]
    Nap likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Peter

Coming along nicely , like the clothing colour and the start on flowers

Fleshtones are nice

Must admit I do like this bust

Happy benchtime

Stay safe

Nap