1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Old Tom Morris

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Joe Hudson, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey guys,

Like I have said before, I was able to sort out some old pictures and I have a sbs on my golfer Old Tom Morris. If you don't know who he was he was one of the founders of the British Open and a very talented golfer.

Here are some pictures of the sbs.

Joe
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    sorry about the wide pictures above :( Hope this is better.

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    painted in acrylics except for the flesh

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE,Joe (y) (y) !! Your sculpting ROCKS ! Cheers.
    Kenneth ;)
  5. Patrick Kirk New Member

A classic, Joe...well done...
    Will you be doing more sculpting? Excellent..really nice

All the best

Patrick
  6. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    That figure is great Joe! You did a wonderful job w/ the browns. What was your mixture?
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Joe, extreemly well sculpted and beautifully painted, you did a fantastic job. ;)
    What's next on you work bench?

Keep up the good work.

Cheeers

Roc. :)
  8. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Very nice work Joe! You're becoming as good a sculptor as you are a painter.

And now you have the basis for a conversion to Santa Claus!
  9. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great sculpt Joe. I really like the finished figure. Keep up the good work man. You rock :)
  10. fsdesimone Member

I like this figure a lot, but what I find most interesting is the difference between how you sculpted then and now. For instance, when you do drapery now it hangs more realistically, the folds are deeper, etc.

Francesca
  11. michelange Member

France
    Joe, You are a complete artist, sculptor and painter of very good level. Your working methods would be a good subject to learn. Which epoxy paste use? tools etc... Ah ! and a photograph of Sherlock please ;) .
    Congratulation.
    Bruno
  12. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Joe, this is a terrific looking figure but the thing that makes it so appealing to me is the original idea. Great job and thanks to your normal high standard of painting, all of it tied together very well. Nice job on the derby too (y) . One of these days I'm gonna get up there and see this one in person. Besides, it looks like I need a lesson in painting whites :lol: .

Jim Patrick
  13. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks you all for the kind comments. I am very fond of this one and one day I hope to do his son. He too was a very great golfer who died at a very young age, some say of a broken heart. :(

Patrick,

I have a few that I am sculpting now but I will start a big vignette in the very near future. I hope to have about 6 figures. It will be of Bobby Jones and part of the gallery.

Jason,

Thanks. I keep the mixtures simple and the base for the browns were black +#875 beige brown and then go up with the beige brown and the highest highs had a touch of #876 brown sand added. The shadows were more of #875 and black.
    I also used a mixture of black and #876 brown sand and went up with the brown sand and down with black for the shadows.

Francesca,

Thanks. It helps when you can have someone tell you what they like or don't. Thanks. :)

Patrick,

I will be glad for you to come and see him in person and I will try to help you as much as I can on white. Believe me, if I can do it then anybody can!

Bruno,

Thanks and these are for you. ;)

Joe

Attached Files:

14. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    :)

Attached Files:

15. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    :eek:

Attached Files:

16. fsdesimone Member

Now that is my favorite Joe Hudson sculpt ever! You're going to have to do something special to top this one! ;)
  17. michelange Member

France
    Joe, thank you very much for your 3 pics of Sherlock!! I record them in "my preferred photographs". :)
    Bruno