1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Old School Tamiya Motorcycle Rider

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Chazman, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Chazman Active Member

United-States
    Here's a guy I did 25-30 years ago for a diorama that I never finished. Totally old school stuff. No PE, no resin, no fancy Hornet heads. This is all Tamiya and Squadron Green Stuff, except for the Historex drummer hands, which were a tip from Shep Paine. He is painted in a Polly S (are they even still around?) basecoat and oils. I found him a few years ago in a scrap box and touched up his boo-boos in acrylics.

IMG_3666.JPG

IMG_3667.JPG
    IMG_3668.JPG
  2. Chazman Active Member

United-States
    I've got to figure out this sideways problem with my pics.
  3. Wally Active Member

New_Zealand
    Like it. Nothing like old school.
    MattMcK. and Chazman like this.
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  5. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Like this a lot - reminds me of that scene from Band of Brothers where Easy Company have just returned from Normandy, & a group of them ride on a motorcycle combination to their new billet in the old cowshed.

Great figure, Chaz - the impression of speed & movement comes across very well.
    Chazman likes this.
  6. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent

Mobo
    Chazman likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Chazzman

A blast from the past indeed ...certainly has a sense of movement with th wheel up

As for pics I am seeing full size up the right way in the thread

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Chazman and Chris Oldfield like this.
  8. Chazman Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys for the kind comments. I'm not sure anyone else has ever seen this figure, certainly not for many years. I figured the folks here would appreciate the way a figure was done decades ago. Thanks again!
    Chris Oldfield likes this.