1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Old Legends &Lore kit re-release by Squadron

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by balder, Oct 29, 2013.

1. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Hello planeteers,
    I'm not sure if this is news but I noticed on Squadron mail orders site (Squadron.com) that they have re-released to old Legends and Lore kits (ex-VLS) namely 120 mm George Washington and 200 mm Teddy Roosevelt bust both sculpted by Jim Maddox. This line had a lot of nice figures in it and I'm hoping they will release some of the movie characters again (confederate guerrilla bust anyone?).
    Anyways these 2 kits don't interest me but I wanted to give a heads up. Sorry, I don't know how to post a link but their site is easy to find.

Gerald
    Tecumsea likes this.
  2. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    I remember the old CAMEO celebrity figures from the 1970's. Are the Legends & Lore incarnations that you mention are being re-released by Squadron repops of those?
  3. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Well
    Were did to you see that this is a Squadron production
    When you go on http://www.squadron.com/Figures-s/2374.htm , you see a lot of figures by different makers, for those the names are in the description : Warriors
    By the way, does anybody have a link for Warriors ?
    Best
  4. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Hi Mike, the Legends & Lore kits were put out in the late 1990's I think. The line started off with movie characters (eg. terminator, Bruce Lee, Zorro, the Crow) and then moved into historical figures.

Hi, Mirofsoft. It is my understanding that VLS bought out Warriors and then Squadron bought out VLS. Go on "bobletterman.com/story.html" for the story.
    On squadron's site if you tap on figures, a tab will show near the top of he screen that lets you pick brands.

Hope this helps,
    Gerald
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Thanks for the info
  6. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Cheers Gerald. I was thinking of the old 1970's CAMEO line that included figures of Marilyn Monroe, Humphrey Bogart, Charles Laughton, Jean Harlow etc. Likely before your time. ;)
  7. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium

Hello Mike
    you speak about the serie in 90mm sculpted by Ray Lam ( U.S.A.) made for Superior Models
    Webb-1976-n°-08--399---SUPE.jpg
  8. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ah that is indeed the line, thank you. Sorry about the confusion regarding the manufacturer, my old grey matter, it ain't what it used to be.