1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

OLD DAMAGED CAN

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Paulo, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    15.jpg

Hello Planeteers, has been a while that I don´t post here, so I decided to make a small (but pratic) tutorial, in a metallic can, but this as many aplications if you understand the process, the magic product is the Chipping efects from AMMO MIG,

só let´s go …

1.jpg 2.jpg

A) the can is a plastic item, after primed I airbrushed 2 diferent colors of rust on it

4.jpg 5.jpg

B) This is the product that will make all the work – I applied a layer with a flat brush, covering all the surface – then I whait for 15 minutes before the next step (you can clean the brush with water only)

6.jpg 7.jpg

C) After I that I applied a thin layer of green, with airbrush again, in some places I insist more than others, to be more irregular

8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

D) Then I whait for 10 minutes, it´s important to respect this for the product can do is work correctly

And I start by wet one surface/side of the can – then I continue rubbing randomlly with this old brush (cuttted) and the green color starts pealling out – SO EASY ...

11.jpg 12.jpg

13.jpg 14.jpg

Hope that you like this small tutorial, and you can use it in your projects !!
    see you in the next post ...

Andrew Belsey, 1969, Borek and 7 others like this.
  2. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Beats hairspray technique
    Paulo likes this.
  3. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for taking the time to provide us with this SBS.
    Paulo likes this.
  4. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Yes I personaly think is more pratic for small things like this - for figures we use more small parts
  5. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done short tutorial.
  6. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    it´s a pleasure - modelling is a game of give and take, I allways say that we dont creat we recicle ideas
    Thank you for your words and wish you nice paintings
    Tonton and Tony Dawe like this.
  7. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Really nice result, well done!!!

Cheers Borek
  8. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    i'll keep working with the hairspray method (which is exactly the same) ... a can of hairspray costs almost nothing and contains enough for years of modelling.
    but it was cool from you to do a SBS :) thanks Paulo.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Paulo

Thanks for sharing this SBS always good to share techniques

Happy benchtime

Nap