1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Old Cowboy Bust. Shea Brennan. 1883

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by NRG, Jan 21, 2023.

1. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Not to be the one who may contribute to another assault on your credit cards, but he also did Kirk, Spock and McCoy from Star Trek. (He also has Patrick Stewart’s Captain Picard)I also went all in for the entire cast of Breaking Bad. I printed them up last November/December and they all have that excellent uncanny resemblance to their characters. I had the privilege of holding Jim Rice’s busts of Shea and Tarkin in Atlanta, ( I got the files for these too) and he did his typical phenomenal work on them. Nap, I think a category dedicated to Sid’s sculpting might be in order. At the very least, I’m getting more interested in busts than before and this could be the beginning of a primary transfer to them for me.

tom
    MalcC, macuk and Nap like this.
  2. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Would love to get hold of a printed bust from breaking bad , Fring after the explosion and especially Don Hector - such a characterful face
    macuk likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England

Hi Tom

Must admit I am having to hide my wallet and credit card ...lol

As for Sid having his own category, it would be fabulous to have him join and share his work or do you mean something like I did with John Rosengrant in the Completed forum ....of course Sid would be more than very welcome to post on the thread

Nap
    macuk likes this.
  4. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Nap, the Rosengrant compilation you did for completed figure would be great for Sid’s work here, or however he would want to post as you suggested. Hopefully he would showcase his talent on here at some point. Steve, as for the breaking bad characters that I printed, Fring had his glasses on for the file. Incredible how these 3D printing files work. It did take me a bit of careful cleaning to get the supports off but worth it. I don’t know if he had Don Hector, but the rest of the crew were there. I would definitely add Hector to my wish list too.

tom
    macuk and Nap like this.
  5. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I’m buying a 3D printer in a few weeks and all the bits to go with it.

The amount of great 3D files out there is astounding although you have to be careful to buy them from the creators or authorised agents.
    Nap and macuk like this.
  6. macuk Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I will be adding the Breaking Bad series in the future. Sid has so many fantastic busts I have to take my time to do them the justice they deserve
    Nap likes this.
  7. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    YES!!
    Nap and macuk like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England

Perhaps Mark might like to approach Sid as he has worked with him and confirm what he would like to have

We could have a thread in 3D Sculpting forum for unpainted pieces with members sharing their painted versions in the Completed forum

Thoughts anyone ?

Nap
    macuk likes this.
  9. MalcC A Fixture

England
    The range is phenomenal.
    would love to see a Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Just a thought. :)

Malc
    macuk likes this.
  10. MalcC A Fixture

England
    macuk likes this.