1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Old Abe And Friend 3

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, May 18, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: As promised,here,then,is the vignette of Old Abe and his eagle bearer David McLain after the battle of Corinth 1862.All comments are welcome.Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks great Kenneth! Whats next on the bench?
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, my friend, very beautiful, I like it.

To me an artist is someone who can come up with an idea and than create create something out of clay or sculpy, Kenneth you fit that mold. (y)

As I've said before I tip my hat off to you and all the other fine scupters on this forum. ;)

Keep up the good work and keep on posting.

Roc. :)
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful Beautiful work Kenneth..........Every figure you sculpt and paint is better than the one before. Keep up the fantastic work. I envy your talent.
  5. Hardy Guest

great work Kenneth
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Jason,Roc,Guy,Hardy,thank you very,very much for the encouraging and positive comments ! Coming from experts like yourselves is high praise indeed :lol: ;I am humbled. All that I have done so far,I learnt from you guys here.Thank you very much for helping me to go that extra bit further ;) !
    Jason,you asked what's next on the bench.Well,after considering for a while,I now give you "Postcard From The Front",a WW 1 figure vignette of a German trooper taking the opportunity to write home during a lull period in the fighting.The figure is made from my usual Hornet head,Dragon plastic bits,paper clips,Historex hands and feet,and 2-part epoxy putty combination.The pipe is made from putty and a bit of a dress pin.Hope you guys like it.As alwaqys,all comments are appreciated,Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,

Looking nice so far. I like the pipe! I think this is a really hard thing to do in this scale. I look forward to seeing more of it.

Joe
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks Joe ! What I did was snip a bit of the sharp end off the dress pin,bent it up to a slight "S" shape and fit it,sharp-end first,into the figures mouth.The bowl was made with some putty and the end of a pin to shape it. HTH.Will post more soon.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, I agree with the others your work continues to get better with every piece. The WW1 piece looks be be another interesting piece in the making. Great job.~Gary (y)
  10. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looking great so far Kenneth! Very interesting subject, you don't see many WW1 German figures wearing the feldmutze. And sporting a goatee too! Nice touch (y)
  11. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Were you planning on him beeing barefoot? That would be neat to see him barefoot in a flooded trench section writing a letter while his boots dryed out. What do you think?
  12. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kennetrh , my friend, another beautiful sculpture, very nice, ;)
    I like the pipe.

Looking forward to your next step.

Roc. :)
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Gary,thanks ever so much for the encouraging comments,I really appreciate it (y) ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Jason,my friend,thank you ever so much for the positive feedback :lol: ! I picked the Feldmutze as I was inspired by your Franco-Prussian War vignettes and this is the closest that I dared venture into this era for the moment.Thanks for suggesting the "barefoot" idea;I never really thought of it,it's GREAT (y) ! I've already incorporated it into my figure (I hit the "zone" again !) Do check out my updated post and tell me what you think of it ! Cheers .
    Kenneth ;)
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Roc,my dear friend,thank you very much for all your encouragment;I really appreciate it (y) (y) ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)