1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

OIF figures from Warriors

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by bchilstrom, Dec 17, 2004.

1. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

Here are the first three steps of a 1/35 scale OIF figure for Warriors. In researching who wears what in OIF, there is a lot of contradiction! There is no absolutely right or wrong gear set-up. In talking with some veterans both in the field and who have returned to the states, and several active duty members of the military, it seems that some of the issued equipment has been discarded and replaced by privately purchased items. Also, some equipment has been altered in the field by the troops and the folks in the support units in the field.

The figure shown above is based on several photos and video clips provided to us by the Dept. of Defense. He can be used as a U.S. Army soldier or a U.S. Marine, depending on how you paint him. You can also add your own bits and pieces to personalize the figure to your liking.

He is armed with the M16A2, a weapon in wide use in OIF, but when we release our M4 in the future, you can replace the M16A2 yourself if you wish. Some film footage shows Marines using AK47's when fighting indoors, their M16A2 is strapped on their back.

We are working on about a dozen OIF figures and several vehicle crews.
  2. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Excellent product line, Bill. The conflict in Iraq has breathed new life into my interest in armor. I'm glad to see that we'll now have some figures to add to the armor, or simply use them to create smaller vignettes.
  3. Evan August New Member

Looking good so far, great to hear that there will be some modern US troops. I'll be adding these to the list of figures to buy when they are released.
  4. brc34 New Member

Thank you I am looking foward to these i'll be buying 2 of each set released.
    Bill if you need some more photo refrence you have to go to www.army.mil and www.usmc.mil...they have hundreds of great photos..and dont forget the
    concord special ops books #26,27,29,30....
    Thank you and keep up the great work
    Brian ;)
  5. Pete_H New Member

Bill,
    Way to go! I'll definitely snap these up when they're released. I'll assume the DML weapon sets will be compatible with them - they've got a good set of M16's and M4's.
  6. jasmils Active Member

Australia
    G'day Bill,
    Looks like I have to buy these ones as well. Any Australians in the future from Warriors?

Cheers Jason
  7. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Australians!, why as a matter of fact we are working on a set. Gordy is making us an "Owen Gun" as we speak. Dave and I have been working on an update set to convert Tamiya's Matilda to an Australian variant. We plan to do a crew for this update/conversion, as well as a couple of Aussie tank riders and three Aussie infantry walking beside the tank. This whole Aussie project has been a very hard sell to the folks at Warriors. If you want to see it done, drop Warriors a line and show your support at sales@modelmecca.com, if they get enough positive feedback they will go for it.
  8. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Speaking of armor (can we do that on a figure site?), is there any chance of seeing a conversion for the passive armor seen on OIF Bradleys? I figure it will be either you, Blast, or Legend that releases one.