1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"OFFICIER DES CARABINIERS, 1812-1815" (Alexandros Models)

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Pedro Molina, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Pedro Molina A Fixture

Spain
    Ref. R/47 "OFFICIER DES CARABINIERS, 1812-1815"

200mm. Resin Bust

Sculpture: Ebroin
    Box Art: Alexandre Cortina

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Very nice, I like this piece very very much.
    Will sure be popular and I will be grabbing one.
    Excellent :)
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Is this for general release and by whom

Ron
  4. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes Ron - it's by Alexandros Models - a 200 mm bust. Shortly available on our website.
    Gra30 likes this.
  5. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice--particularly like helmet/crest detail.
  6. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Not my area of interest but a great piece, could be tempted!
  7. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Look forward to it's release
    Gra30 likes this.
  8. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Youn Song detail is top notch! The cuirass and helmet of the carabinier are striking! However, and this may be my impression, the cuirass and the helmet look a bit like, allow me to say, enameled. I hope I could express myself well, screens are always tricky to express feelings.

Enamels apart, the incorporated detail is outstandingly well done! Youn has released an outstanding creation again! :)
    Steve likes this.
  9. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  10. Anastasiya A Fixture

Ukraine
    Is one of the new releases from "Alexandros Models" , that are available now. You can easily find them on Alexandros webside!

Beautiful bust- I like a lot the young face and detailes of the armour! Also position of this bust is very nice- full of movement !
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice work overall.
    But I have some problems with the look of the curas.

Marc
  12. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    EBROIN still strikes a blow, bravo, pose simple, but full of charisma.
    For painting, I am far from being able to paint faces with such intensity.
    I'm against a little disappointed by the cuivreries, I do not know what bothers me, but ...
    Compare with Pegaso 75mm figure:
    [IMG]
    Finally, as I said, I am not able to do as well.
    So, as we say in France, "la critique est aisée, l'art n'en ai que plus difficile", translatable as " criticism is easy, art is even more difficult".
    After these statements and information, some pictures of real Carabiniers armor and helmet of this period

Cuirasse et Casque d'officier , Musée de l'Emperi, Salon de Provence, France.
    [IMG]

Cuirasse et casque , exposition île d'Eble, "les fastes Impériaux", Fondation Napoléon, 2008
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Cavalier du 2ème Carabinier
    The soldiers wore a golden breastplate, officers coppery armor.
    Reenactment of the Battle of Waterloo, June 21, 2009, Ferme du Caillou last headquarters of Napoleon.

Have also a look at :
    http://www.bertrand-malvaux.fr/p/12280/cuirasse-de-carabiniers-modele-1810-premier-empire.html
    for a real one of soldier sold in France.
  13. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Certainly Rigaud, the authentic cuirass had a special brightness and mirror effect that is very difficult to get with the paint, they were a bit like chromed, when they were clean.
    Anyway I see the metals too flat for my taste, in this bust.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
  14. swralph A Fixture

Excellent bust:)
  15. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Ordinary...:cautious:
    housecarl likes this.
  16. Osvald Active Member

Latvia
    Very good! Been waiting for that something like this!! I think the neck a little long, but it can be corrected. The metal may be done differently. I love it. I'll buy it!!
  17. Osvald Active Member

Latvia
    Everything can be done differently

Attached Files:

Gaudin likes this.
  18. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    I think there was very little difference appearance wise between copper and brass during this period due to the metallurgy of the times. The great photos of the the museum piece that Zastrow posted show this well.
  19. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice in my opinion. The only other one I can think off is good old Verlinden bust that was rather static like a waxwork.

This one begs to be converted into a full mounted figure - since such trend already started on PF- this is another good candidate
  20. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Gladly I'm not the only one :)

Zastrow and Osvald, thank you for the images. They will help many people. In the Osprey book "Napoleon's Cuirassiers and Carabiniers it is described the materials of the cuirasse. In the case of enlisted, the material was brass. In the case of officers the material was cooper.

Brass is an alloy of cooper and zinc. The more zinc, the more pale yellow, the less zinc, the more metallic orange it gets. The tweak in the painting is that it does not look a cooper cuirasse but some sort of enameled overcoat garment. And that detracts a bit the enthusiasm.

However, this miniature was presented here almost at the same time of the amazing Carl Reid's interpretation of the charging Cuirassier. So, compares are unavoidable: The more conventional pose of this Carabinier, to the dynamics presented in CGS article.

While the charging Cuirassier is an instant classic to be remembered for decades, this creation by the great gifted Youn Song is nevertheless quite great: The arrogance and flamboyance so typical of the Carabinier regiment is all there and the engraved silver details and embroiderings decorating the Cuirasse are all fantastically represented: Look the miniature lions to see what I mean.

It will not be easy to simulate with paint, the cooper look in such a large scale. Time to use motorbike modelling products to achieve the proper effect! I think I have all creations made by Youn Song so far :), I surely can't miss this one!