1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Officer of The British 4th Light Dragoons 1854

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Belcher, Apr 16, 2013.

1. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    DSC05587 (480x640).jpg DSC05599 (480x640).jpg DSC05586 (480x640).jpg DSC05589 (480x640).jpg Hi Guys,I have just finished painting this 75mm figure of a Officer of The British 4th light Dragoons 1854 .Sculpted by Maurice Corry. 75mm figures as a size are my personal favourite scale to paint.I have several more of these little beauties that Maurice Corry has sculpted, thanks to a couple of good friends.
    I painted the figure in Vallejo acrylic paints.The gold lace was painted using a signwritng gold paste mixed with Vallejo matt medium.The silver parts were painted with Citadel boltgun and mithril silver.Hope you like the end result.:)
    Regards,John
  2. Mark S Guest

Beautifully done, John. Excellent piece.
  3. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Truely great work John.
    Everyting about your work here is spot on.
    In answer to your comment, yes I like it a lot.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  4. Edward A Fixture

England
    You've done a great job on this! I particularly like the face. I've painted this too, it's a really nice figure. (I'm currently painting Maurice's 75mm 17th Lancer.)
  5. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    very nice work john,i like the way you handled the dark blue uniform,thanks for posting mate (y)
  6. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A beautifully painted and presented figure. It would look even better in 120/150mm.

Mike
  7. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Beautifully done John and perfect groundwork to compliment the figure.

Keith
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Beautifull paintwork John.

Marc
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Up to your usual high standard John.
    Lovely piece,
    Carl.(y)
  10. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Lovely job on this John. I still have mine kindly given to me by a fellow member here, but haven't had the time to paint it. I'll use yours as an inspiration.
  11. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    EXCELLENT.....(y)
  12. Funky50 Guest

Beautiful......
  13. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    John, you've done an excellent job of this wonderful figure.
    I've done one of these and I can honestly say, I'd use yours as reference if I ever did another.
    A smashing job.
  14. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Super job on this figure and not an easy paint with all that blue to do. Mine is waiting in the wings for the Crimea bug to bite again. :) Love the face on yours too.

Colin
    Funky50 likes this.
  15. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice John
    These are wonderful figures from Moz ,The detail is so fine that it takes careful painting not to lose it .
    Well done Sir (y)

Ron
  16. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautifully done, particularly the face (but the entire presentation is great).
  17. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    greath paint,cheers
  18. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very finely done - will comeback to your photos when I do mine.
    Cheers
    Mat
  19. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Great work John, I like the face and the shako, nice colors. Only one thing, and it´s my taste, I think the gold of the embroideries is too metalic, maybe you can get a better or real result simulating the golden using yellow, brown, ocher and white etc.
    As I said is a question of taste, I think you have achieve the effect nicely.

022.JPG
    Grod likes this.
  20. pte1643 Active Member

That is fantastic.

I particularly like the face/fleshtones... Stunning work.