1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Officer of grenadier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ltom74, Aug 28, 2006.

1. ltom74 Member

Hungary
    Hi,

First of all sorry for my english. It is not the best...

I am rather beginner in figure painting. This is my 15th figure.
    Therefore I would like to show you my figurines to learn your criticism and comment.
    All comment and criticism are welcome.
    Tanks.

This is pegaso 54mm officer of grenadier imperial guard.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Well, it is a great painted figure..
    You manage the white colour real good. (pain in the #$% for me)
    The blue and the boots are extremely well done.
    Keep posting your figures.

marc
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    I agree with Marc, its a very nicely painted figure. Its very cleanly painted.

As for sugegsitons how to advance a bit in your painting, I would suggest to try a bit more contrast, especially on the skin tones. I think you have great technique so maybe just experiment a little with higher highlights and darker shadows.
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely painted figure. Clean with great details. I would agree with Anders though, I think you need a bit more depth in your shading, particularly the flesh tones. Then you will be right up there with the best of them! :)

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi , I think you are very much on the right track. Your figure has a lot of positive points about it. As for suggestions, as already pointed out you definately need more contrast. If you look closely at the face you see a two tone texture while in fact you need to have at least four.

The blue is very nicely done and I think it's probably the best on this figure.

Stephen Mallia
  6. Don Freeman New Member

This is a very well painted figure. You are doing excellent work. The comments from the others about the contrasts might be well taken, but, remember, we are working from a photo and photos are not always altogether truthful. I am not familiar with this figure, but the face looks round and youthful, in spite of the face that he may well be an older guy, which would mean there isn't much you can do with a "baby face." However, you can work the eye sockets and sides of the nose more to give them more clarity.

The white is nicely done, and it is difficult to paint white.

I especially like the texture of the coat. It looks woolen. Texture is often over-looked in figure painting because our eyes (and mind) tend to focus on the face and colors and the presentation, etc. but texture is important. Leather and cloth have different textures. As I said, the coat (in the photos) looks like cloth.

All in all, be proud and continue the march.

D
  7. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    This is great,clean painting,I like it!
    best regards
    christos
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Its a cleanpaintjob, disciplined and with great care . I really like it. As Anders said if youuse some more contrast you will gain some volume and depth to your figure and make it even more interesting. But youre definately ina good way my friend . bravo
  9. ltom74 Member

Hungary
    Hi,

Tanks to all for your comments and advices. I take your advices and try to paint next figure accordingly.
  10. maui Active Member

Italy
    Hi,
    The your figure is painting whit good accuracy, but I think that you can make more personality at your subjects increase the highlights and shade in the clothes and faces more expressive.
    Good painting
    maui :)
  11. ltom74 Member

Hungary
    maui,

Tanks,
    It is very difficult to me to do more contrast. If I do more shadow and higlight on face or on cloth I can not do good transition between the shades :(
    But i try it again :)