1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Officer NZ Forest Rangers 1860c

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Belcher, Aug 6, 2013.

1. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Ian.Appreciate your feed back. :happy:
  2. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks for your positive feed back :happy:
  3. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Richie,should have in finished in the next few days:happy:
    John.
  4. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Marc:happy:
  5. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Watford,I appreciate your kind words Sir:happy: I answer to your question on a possible release of privates being add to the range,it is yes. I have been talking with Andy Cairns the sculptor, and he is keen to extend the range with other ranks. A figure of your Great Great Grandfather sounds fantastic,would be a great tribute to him. I'm working on planes to do a figure of my Grandfather who served with The New Zealand Army in France in World War One.I have good photos of him and info on where he was wounded ,even the day.
    Regards,John:happy:
  6. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Smudger,should have him finished in the next few days:happy:
    John
  7. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    John, this is coming along nicely, you've blended the blues well since I last saw this piece, hope to see him on the 30th.
    Les
  8. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Les, he is only about an hour away from completion. Will have him at your figure night:happy:
    Hope to post completed photos tomorrow.
    John
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  9. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    John
    Many thanks for your reply to my posting. Looking forward to seeing the completed figure.

I only recently found out my relative fought in the Maori Wars his medal is in the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge so painting a figure will be the next best thing. A New Zealand chap on the Victorian War Forum posted the picture below. The chap next to the cook smoking a pipe looks just like my dad - spooky!! [IMG]
    Cheers
  10. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Great Photo:happy: . That could well be your Great Great Grandfather. I love these old photos.I have a big interest in this period. I am lucky to have a very good friend by the name of Tim Ryan, whom is a well noted historian here in New Zealand. Tim has many of these period photos in his collection and has supplied Osprey publications many photos and information over the years. Tim has also written and co-written several books, and been involved in TV and Movie as a technical adviser for this period in New Zealand's History.Thanks again for sharing this photo Watford.:happy:
    Mark S and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  11. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Have Added completed photos at beginning of thread.
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  12. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Wow. I don't have anything to say that everybody else hasn't already. Great job and I cant wait to see it in the flesh.
  13. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hey Chris,Thanks mate.:happy:
  14. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Stunning paint work John, you are a master with those brushes, it makes my figure painting look like paint by numbers!
  15. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    I dig it John. Just did a New Zealand constabulary forces member from the same period. Fascinating time in history.
  16. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Watford,appreciate the kind words:happy:
    regards,John
  17. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Stephen,sure is a fascinating period in time. Was your figure a commercial casting or a conversion/ scratch built one Stephen.
  18. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Cheers John. It's a one-off. I'll post pics of it on the forum soon, but here's a quick preview of it in progress. [IMG]
  19. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    A very unique and interesting figure and an absolutely fantastic paintjob!
    Well done

Cheers

Colin
  20. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Very nice work so far. Love the smooth blending in the face. A few of the Osprey color plate in books of the period would make great figures. I've always love the 3 maori and the fallen soldier in the Enemies of Queen Victoria book.
    napoleonpeart likes this.