1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Officer 8th ( Kings Royal Irish ) Hussars 1891 ' V' Bust.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mick3272, Nov 25, 2017.

1. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Cirist
    Dont rely to much on Simkin although he is my favourite Military artist he does go a bit adrift at times. But at the end of the day mate its all about what makes you happy.
    So go for it , it will add a bit of colour.

I knew you had the Dragoon if my memory serves me right yours and Ben-als were first sold But I must of missed you when it came down to the Hussar & Lancer, I assume you got it from ian at ellies and not Steve Kirtleys

Yes I was in contact with Offo this week and we are on schedule for the last of the four Irish Cavalry Regiments 4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards all being well should be ready late Jan 18. Then it the nine Infantry Regiments.

All the Best Mick
    anstontyke likes this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Mick

Nice one mate ...looks good always difficult to paint this style uniform especially with colours close to each other .

Like the idea of a version in coloured cap as well

Are you doing the Lancer next certainly more colourful for you inbetween washing the sand from between your toes and flip flops ..lol.

Well done on you for this series ...all credit to you and Offo

Happy painting

Nap
    anstontyke and mick3272 like this.
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Kev,
    Yes it was a bit of a bugger, but I did really enjoy doing this one. Yes the later Side cap would look nice but would need a tweak if you wanted it to be 100 % correct.
    The V bust Lancer has already been done http://www.planetfigure.com/threads...ragoons-8th-hussars-5th-lancers.113279/page-3

The next on the block is the V Bust Inniskilling Dragoon. that will complete all three V busts as we stand to-date.
    After that I have the Full Busts of the Lancer & Hussar to do so as Clrsgt is doing the Full Hussar I might do the Lancer,
    Thanks
    Mick
    anstontyke and napoleonpeart like this.
  4. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking very nice with a splash of paint, bringing it to life
    Tommi
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks mate,
    It has come out very nice.
    One of your better ideas.
    Mick
    napoleonpeart, anstontyke and Tommi like this.
  6. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Mick, you are right about the differences between the red and blue caps. I noticed them yesterday while doing further research on the cap. So being a stickler for accuracy, the cap will be blue after all. I'll not rework the cap since painting is well underway now. BTW you are right about Si;mkin and accuracy, but he portrayed the cap correctly, but I did not catch the differences until I did the additional research. Thanks for sparking me do more research.
    anstontyke and mick3272 like this.
  7. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Mike.
    Glad to be of some help. I am also a bit of a stickler for accuracy but we have to remember what we are. ie Figure Painters with an interest in Military History and Uniforms or Military Historians with an interest in figure painting.
    My view is we do what makes us happy and if the two coincide all well and good. But BE HAPPY.

Mick
  8. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    I couldn't agree with you more Mick.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi El Mick

Looks good and yes I ordered V busts for this and the lancer ( we are now unable to have turkey at Christmas ..but hey! who needs it when you have resin ...LOL )

Going to look at the differences on the cap for mine see if it's within my very low sculpting capabilities so you being a master on this ....give me any advice !

Of course the Lancer has been done ...nice job as well

Happy days

Nap
    mick3272 likes this.
  10. mick3272 A Fixture

napoleonpeart likes this.