1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Officer, 58th Regt of Foot, 1845

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is the second 54mm figure that I sculpted right before the Chicago show (painted in one day...). It represents an Officer from the 58th Regt. of Foot in New Zealand 1845. I got inspired to do this uniform from an Osprey book, don't remember which, but was probably one of their Brit Army on Campaign books. I painted this guy a lot differently then I painted the 45th regt pvt previously posted. I choose to do a deeper and brighter red this time around.

Sculpted with Magic Sculpt, painted with Vallejos. Head from hornet and the rest is original.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Nice work Anders and nice to see a figure from this era.

Roger
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Sculpting is excellent Anders.
    Painting is good, but again i don't like the outlining with black.

marc
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    in one day??
    congratulations
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done!

Jay H.
    OKc
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, I was off one Sunday and I sat down to paint, and I just kept painting, and before I knew it, it was completed! Its a fairly straight up and down figure though with little accessories etc. which usually is the most time consuming part of a figure.