1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Officer, 2nd North British Dragoons (Scots Greys), Crimea

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jakbwrhr, Oct 21, 2013.

1. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    20131019_104912.jpg 20131019_111210.jpg 20131019_152907.jpg 20131019_152941.jpg 20131019_152949.jpg
    In an effort to get my modelling mojo back I have decided to have a go a building and painting this rather lovely figure from CGS miniatures.

Graham very kindly sent this figure out to me for free along with a larger order, including some replacement part for the D.F. Grieve sculpted Coldstream Guards drummer.

The figure is sculpted by Maurice Corry and cast by Graham (CGS Miniatures). Graham's casting is superb - no air bubbles found and absolutely minimal clean up was required. The casting blocks were in easy to remove places and any application of filler if solely down to my clumsiness...

Also in an effort to find a solution to having something to do in the evenings whilst travelling for work, i am attempting to use acrylic paints for the first time... I am using the Games workshop paints as these were the easiest to hand...

All comments, suggestions, criticisms greatly welcomed and appreciated...
    Gra30 likes this.
  2. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Your Mojo is back,
    Thank you for the kind words but more so this is looking great.
    May I add this is only the second of this figure I have ever seen with paint on :)
    Please keep posting, it was the first new master I bought for CGS.
    It is a great little figure and I want to see more.
    Best wishes to you
    Following :)
    Gra
  3. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    a bit more progress... some more work on the face and starting to work on the uniform jacket
    20131022_204735.jpg 20131022_204745.jpg 20131022_204757.jpg