1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Officer, 1st Foot Guards finished!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JGREEN, Dec 2, 2009.

1. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Hello everyone! Just put the finishing touches on this figure, the only thing remaining is the name plate. I'm very pleased with how this one turned out. It's certainly not the most striking or dramatic figure I've ever painted; but, if I may humbly say so (without sounding like I'm tooting my own horn), I think this may very well be the best paint job I've ever put on a figure. Of course, the elegant uniform and perfect sculpting didn't hurt! It's done entirely with Vallejo acrylics. Thanks for looking!

Jason

Attached Files:

2. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    and a few more shots . . .

Attached Files:

3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    I like your work a lot my friend. I definately think this is your best work so far. Elegant clean and precise . Tell us about painting the whites, the look really good !!!

Congratulations

Costas
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Your acrylics work just gets better and better Jason! Well done.

Jay H.
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful Painting Jason.
  6. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work Jason.
    Carl.
  7. PeterR. Member

Germany
    Definitly one of the, if not the best version of this figure I have seen. Congrats for a fantastic paint job!

Best regards

Peter
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jason,

Congratulations. It's a rare moment of personal triumph to look at your figure and say "That's the best I can do right now" and be pleased with your effort. I know most figure modellers are much harder on themselves than others are, so this is a great moment for you. I happen to agree with you.
  9. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Superb painting!
    Your technique is amazing.
    The red and the white you expressed are very beautiful.
    I was moved.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka
  10. Einion Well-Known Member

That looks really nice Jason, you should be pleased with it.

Einion
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Jason,
    I said it then and i say it know: Its great.

Marc
  12. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    What a feeling of sincere satisfaction it must be to have talent like that. Jason,
    I've seen your work "real time" at Tulsa, . . . and it is even more astounding.

Ah yes, Talent will be served. Congrats on a superb rendering from the
    Napoleonic Genré

rick
  13. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Only two words : awesome painting !!

stefano
  14. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Jason,
    I agree with all the above, just a stunning figure.
    Cheers,
    John
  15. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    1st rate painting, a very pleasing piece, I like the way you handle the white, It would be nice to know your approch to this.

Tommi
  16. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is some very outstanding work Jason and the way you tackled the reds and white on the figure is just spot on, you definetely have mastered the acrylics.
    How did you create the white trousers ?

Steve(y)
  17. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Jason, a superb piece of paintwork!
    Beautiful colors and transitions.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  18. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Excellent work Jason. Simply superb.
    John
  19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, Very very very nice. I like that the breeches and gaiters are NOT the same white. IMO that shows some extra effort on your part to set your figure apart from anyone else that paints it. That is unless they went the extra mile too. lol ~Gary
  20. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Costas, Jay, Guy, Carl, Peter, Tony, Mitsutaka, Einion, Marc, Rick, Stefano, John, Tommi, Steve, Marcel, John, and Gary:

Thank you for your comments guys, much appreciated!

Costas, Tommi, and Steve: Regarding the whites, I opted for a warm tone for the breeches and a cool tone for the gaiters. My basic white mix is white, black, and english uniform. For a warm tone, I use more english uniform, less black, and a color called creamy ivory by reaper. For a cooler tone, I use more black and less english uniform.

Jason