1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Officer 10th Husssars 1884, 120mm Michael Roberts

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Mar 26, 2012.

1. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tony,
    how ya do'in fella;)
    classic painting exorcise,mate.
    I remember Bill Horan's version of this,as I found, his work becomes a hard act to follow,I found this when I painted Col Douglas......did Moz sculpt this under Roll Call?
    I have a few classic in the grey army to paint,the joy's of the hobby:)
    Best Regards
    Paul
    www.paulblaber1.moonfruit.com
  2. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    like the bright skintone, the jacket needs more shadows into deep folders in my opinion.
    Thanks for showing.
  3. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What no weathering Tony, :D excellent painting and a very neat finish and as you say a perfect figure for the display case. (y)

Cheers Ken
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Slow to catch up on this Tony. I'm about to tackle my first 120 in years and I hope it turns out as well as this.
    Very much the officer, lovely.
    Cheers
    Derek
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Paul, thanks mate - do'in fine(y) . Yes this was a bit of a painting exercise for me.

Thanks Stephan, I appreciate your suggestions and I will go back and darker the shadows under the arms.

Hi Ken, a clean skin mate. No weathering for a change. Anyway, British officers don't get dirty do they?

G'day Derek, thanks for your comments mate and good luck with your 120mm figure.
    mil-mart likes this.
  6. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Parade ground fresh!

Not every soldiers starts the day covered in dust, mud and sweat, surely!

Looking this one over, because of the simplicity of the colour scheme, it would just as challenging to do fresh as it would be to do it weathered and worn!

Cheers
  7. YellowBear Active Member

Congrats tony
    To finish one of the grey army list.
    And u ve done in a good clean well painted style.
    I like the color choice u choose.