1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Officer 10th Husssars 1884, 120mm Michael Roberts

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Mar 26, 2012.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

The latest discharged warrior from my Grey Army is this 120mm Officer of the 10th Hussars, 1884 by Michael Roberts Ltd.

It's a deceptively difficult and challenging figure to build and paint with lots of fiddly bits, particularly the sabretache and sword scabbard, and the pistol lanyard.

It's not likely to be shown in competition, but it was a fun project to work on and will look good in the display cabinet.

As always I welcome your comments & feedback.

IMG_5492.JPG IMG_5493.JPG IMG_5494.JPG IMG_5495.JPG

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Very nice Tony!
    I also found the sabretache difficult and I noticed I'd left off the sword knot after I'd taken pics of the "finished" figure.

Roger.
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tony,
    I really like the look of that figure, right up my street, very nicely executed. Is that figure still available? I could see a nice Zulu War conversion from that figure.
    cheers
    Richie
  4. Ferris A Fixture

Now that you mention it, it does look a complex figure. Well done on all the fiddly bits, they look very natural and 'attached'!

Cheers,
    Adrian
  5. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice clean paint job Tony. I know what you mean about the sabretache and scabbard, they're right drama.
    Carl.
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Tony,
    Nicely done and I like the colours.
    Cheers
    John
  7. IronMike Well-Known Member

Yes the kit is still available from MR Ltd
  8. oldtrousers Well-Known Member

Very nice, I always liked this figure and you did a great job painting it. I still have the original Roll Call casting of this kit hiding in my grey army.
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Roger, thanks for your comments mate. I used photos of your version of this figure for reference.;)

Hi Richie, yes this figure is available through Michael Roberts Ltd. I'm sure if you contact Mike directly he'll sort you out.(y)

Cheers Adrian, I had a hell of a time getting the straps for the scabbard and the sabretache to fit properly to the sam browne belt at the rear. Lots of hot air from the hair dryer to get the resin to bend and hang naturally. Thanks for your comments mate.;)

Cheers Carl, I was tempted to leave the sabretache and scabbard off the figure but I'm glad I perservered. Thanks mate.

Thanks John, I appreciate your comments.:)

Hi Mike, great kit mate. Thanks for your help with this figure.:D

Hi OldTrousers, yeah its one of those "classic" looking figures that many of us have bought and a few of us have painted. I'm glad he's out of the Grey Army now. Thanks for your comments.
  10. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I have always liked this figure. You rendered this one very well (y)!!

Joe
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
  12. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    Spiffing! Excellent shadowing.
  13. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    nice clean work Tony
  14. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice work Tony!
  15. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work my friend!!
  16. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Looks really nice Tony. I'm working on a MR 120MM WWI US marine right now and the figure does show it's age as far as the sculpt goes but it's a pretty nice figure when it's all together. Nice job all around!
  17. Mark S Guest

Great result Tony.
  18. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Peter, old chap. Jolly good show;)

Cheers Sam, thanks I appreciate your comment.

Thanks Mark, I'm glad you like it.

Thanks for your comment Chris.

Thanks Dan, yes these figures are starting to show their age, but that's also part of the appeal of painting a "classic" figure. Good luck with your Doughboy. I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Thanks Mark, I always appreciate your support mate.
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Like the colors and paintwork on this one.

Marc
  20. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Marc, I appreciate your comments mate.