1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Oda Nobunaga

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by kilsh, Aug 30, 2018.

1. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi

Just finished this, the DG 1/9 bust of Oda Nobunaga.

It’s largely a great sculpt, and most well engineered apart from a few soft areas in sculpt, such as the lacing knots at the bottom of the Sode, arm guards, and the fit of the head and swords. Before you say it I know he doesn’t look very Japanese. The sculpt is based very closely on a famous statue of him which also doesn’t look Japanese. Having done some research it appears that many samurai (and actors in films repressing samuarai) appear to be descended from the Ainu people who where one of the early inhabitants of the Japanese archipelago and have more western features. I would be I interested to know if this is the case with the Nobunaga clan.

Mostly in acrylics, some oil and inks for flesh. Nameplate from Name it and the base is an old one from Richard at Oakwood I painted satin black.

Cheers

Neil

AF664956-AD97-4A3A-A620-8A7A77D91F3A.jpeg 8358E690-656B-48BD-9237-5C615367067C.jpeg 1D44D660-8D85-4D65-B30F-3131BAA79F11.jpeg 8EB8BD47-759B-4209-B0EA-96D3493CFD43.jpeg 2D46FD70-CF72-4DFF-AE4E-28A847EC8675.jpeg 7B651933-89A3-40EF-AA18-E44BA6C039F9.jpeg
    Toshiya, salonikios, b00gie and 5 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Neil

Great finish on this sculpt , nice work on the clothing decoration

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good to me.
    Cheers
    John
  4. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Talented paint and presentation...…...

Wayne
  5. fullbeak Member

One of DG's best! His Maori bust is also worth checking!
    Nap likes this.
  6. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks fullbeak, yes I have the Maori unpainted as yet.

Cheer

Neil