1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Octagonal tubing or rod?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by balder, Sep 2, 2013.

1. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Hello planeteers!
    I'm looking for 2 or 3 mm diameter tubing or rod with an octagonal shape. I want it for making mini musket barrels. I have hexagonal brass tubing and have seen hex shaped plastic rod.
    I have had no luck with finding small diameter octagonal shape. The smallest I found was around 9 mm. Too big!
    Anyone out there have any ideas?
    Thanks, Gerald
  2. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Use evergreen square plastic strip and carve off the corners. It takes a bit of daring and skill, but if you practice at it you get better. I did this to make a weapon or two in the past. As far as i know, there are no ready-made octagonal strips in either plastic or brass. When all else fails, improvise. That is how I arrived at this solution.....
    balder likes this.
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think you will have to use Mikes method, I have failed to find octagonal rod,tube in small scales anywhere, If you do find some please let us know.

Steve
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
  6. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks for the replies. Mike, I'll give your method a try.

Gerald