1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Oakwood Bases

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Nap, May 13, 2022.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi everyone

I was sent a selection of various bases from RICHARD WHARTON who runs Oakwood bases 007-001.jpg

The pieces were sent packed really well each in individual clear bag , surrounded by the local newspaper , any space in the box was also packed with the pages .......good packing to say the least .

Richards workbench is full of wood at most times ... Oakwood bench.jpg

As you see full of various woods in all shapes and sizes .....angled , the tall pyramid type for busts , always happy to meet a customers needs for that one off base as well

In between doing woody things he is now casting for companies like Foxwood Miniatures....a busy man for sure , attending shows as well including a new one organised by the WHITE ROSE CLUB on 11th June, Galtres Centre, Easingwold, Nr York ....I have no doubt the table will be groaning under the wood selection

Prices are competitive , and quality is very good indeed , he can if you wish drill the fitment hole in the base (always difficult especially in the angled pieces ...for me at least !!)

Bases are finely finished with careful sanding and varnishing , adding that final finish in a display of your models

Lets look at some pics with sizes that Richard sent me

Oakwood.JPG Oakwood (2).JPG Oakwood (3).JPG Oakwood (4).JPG Oakwood (5).JPG

We all like to have that special base for our figures and I certainly recommend OAKWOOD for both QUALITY and CUSTOMER SERVICE

IMG_2125.JPG
    Have a look at the other review I did here: https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/oakwood-studio-bases.280411/

You have the contact details in the pictures on the red felted underside above, he is also on social media www.facebook.com/oakwoodstudio

Thanks to Richard for the bases they are put to very good use

Happy basing everyone

Nap

Redcap, dmcHobbes and akaryu like this.
  2. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    For over thirty years my steadfast and only supplier of made to order bases, always of the highest quality!

Pierre
    Redcap, Hawk_Uk and Nap like this.
  3. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree, Richard has been my "go to" supplier of bases since I started painting figures and especially busts again. Always arrive within a few days of ordering.
    Redcap, akaryu, Hawk_Uk and 1 other person like this.
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Richard has made me a number of bases to order and they have always been of the highest order and keenly priced.

Mike
    Redcap, akaryu and Nap like this.
  5. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I support all the comments made so far Richard and Oakwood is my go to supplier for my bases, personal and company, and he has never let me down.:)
    Sylvanus, Redcap, MCPWilk and 2 others like this.
  6. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    PLUS ONE to all the above - a great bloke and a premium quality product.
    Gary