1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Oakleaf Camo and Italian 1929 Camo

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mvonb, May 24, 2004.

1. mvonb Member

Here's some progress shots of my latest figure. It has the base colours for the equipment, pants, jacket and smock. Some of the brushstrokes are a bit thick, but it's only for practice. There are still shadows, highlights and weathering to be added. comments welcome as usual.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Happy modelling

Martin
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks great so far Martin......Look forward to the next step!
  3. mvonb Member

Thanks Guy, I've just given the figure a heavy buff overspary, for the dusty Normandy look. I will add the shadows and highlights later in the week.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Happy modelling

Martin
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Looks very nice,Martin,especially after the buff overspray;the colours now look really blended-in ! WELL DONE (y) ! Like Guy,looking forward to the next step in the project.Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  5. mvonb Member

Thanks for the replies. I have started some simple detailing on the trousers. There is still a bit of blending to be done.

[IMG]

Happy modelling

Martin
  6. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Martin-

Looks very nice. The toned down camo is well done. I have used light sepia wahses to do the same. But, this does give a nice dusty appearance.

I have recently tried using MIG pigments to create dust, dirt and mud. (No pics yet).

http://www.migproductions.com/pseries.htm

Keith
  7. mvonb Member

Keith, thanks for the suggestion about the sepai wash. I will try that out. I prefer MMP powders to the MIG's. They adhere better and are a bit more subdued, with a great coloutr range. Check em out WW2 Modelmaker Hobby Shop

HTH

Martin