1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

NZ,ers at Cassino cont,d

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Mar 18, 2009.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Gidday All,
    Most of the body work has been done,still some cleaning on the boots plus one puttee to add,also the torn trouser around the wounded leg.Am thinking of adding an optional rightarm to go with the medic to give a sense of balance.will see how it goes.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Looking great Andy. Will this be a commercial release??
  3. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great work Andy!!!

Ray ;)
  4. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking really fantastic Andy, top notch stuff!

When you say you're thinking of an alternative arm for the medic, do you mean an outstretched arm (for balance)?

Going back to the original McIntyre painting, it looks like the medic's right hand is clenched in a steely determination to support his comrade. Perhaps a clenched fist would be the answer?

I know how annoying retrospective comments can be, and my attitude would be once something has been successfully sculpted that's it!

I'm a great admirer of you work, particularly the 'from an art piece/from a photograph' concept.

All the best,
    Jon.
  5. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Tony,Ray,Jon,
    Thanks for the comments.Jon,I thought that maybe an out stretched arm (optional with the kit)would give a bit more pose or balance to the bloke carrying his mate.But you are right"If it aint broke,dont fix it".
    Andy
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andy,

For what it's worth, I like the idea of the guy on the right using his outstretched right arm to counter balance the guy on the left. If you actually try to replicate this scene yourself, you'll find your right arm goes out automatically.
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Tonyand Jon,
    Both of you are right,it depends on the moment of movement to depict,at any time his arm could be out stretched to balance himself or he could be moving causiously not to cause his mate any more grief he,s in.So both options could apply.
    Andy
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello

The allies suffered very much to defeat the Germans in Cassino.
    Pretty sculpture.

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro