1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nymert - Pegaso

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Buckledresin, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Buckledresin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    ok this is only my 8th mini and i want your honest thoughts .............. problems and solution ideas please :D

i used oils on top of acrylic base coat.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Edorta, Osebor, Redcap and 2 others like this.
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    As it's in Brutal I'd say you need work on the skin tomes a little, more variation perhaps ? It looks a little one dimensional, but it's a grerat job for your 8th mini, nice one
    Steve
  3. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice choice of colours and I like how you've done the wave effect on the base. I'd maybe think about increasing the contrast a bit i.e. deeper shadows and lighter lights. For the waves I'd maybe think of incorporating a bit of white (or very light blue-green) on the wave tops and finishing off with a gloss coat to make them look wet.

Overall though, a fantastic job on your 8th figure, you're defo heading in the right direction :)
  4. Buckledresin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    duly noted chaps thank you (y)(y)
  5. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I am only a mediocre painter so can't give you any painting tips but I think for an 8th figure it is excellent as these 'vibrant' colours like purples and lurid greens etc. which you have bravely tackled here can often only be pulled off and executed to perfection by the masters in the hobby. What I feel may lift the piece however is if the sea was given several heavy coats of gloss varnish to convey the sense of water as 'matt' water never looks right.

If that's only your 8th piece, one can only wonder what your 18th will look like !

Gary
    Helm likes this.
  6. Buckledresin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    cheers chap ..................gloss on the water is a must i agree(y)(y) ............. just forgot to do it before i took photos :D
  7. HammerSlammer New Member

Think they are right on about the water making it look choppy and "wet". I love the way you painted the tail very nicely done sir.
    I think her hair could of used some subtle highlights her skin needs shading to add interest. Her metalwork needs a wash to add depth and her swords need a little something to add realism and interest to them.
  8. pzcreations Member

Love the tail and the fins.. my only critique would be to take the skin to a higher level of detail..add some patterns of something to it,scales maybe ..or vary the greens on her for that amphibious look