1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP NWMP 1876-1878

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ray Welshman, Apr 26, 2015.

1. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Check out Ace of Spades and Jeff Hanneman in my vbench for how I went about the hair. It's pretty thin
  2. Ray Welshman Active Member

So I changed the fringe on my mountie. I took your advice Colin and went with each individual strand and rolled the putty to shape then applied it to the figure. I apologize for the pics as I didnt take out my photo booth but just took some quick snaps.

fringe1.jpg fringe2.jpg fringe3.jpg fringe4.jpg fringe5.jpg

I like this better than what I had before, now to work on the designs :)

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions :)

Cheers

Ray
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looks really good Ray. This has a better sense of motion and movement.
    Looking forward to seeing how you attack the beadwork.

Colin
  4. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Really digging this one Ray - the buckskin is a fabulous contrast with the more formal elements of the uniform; really gives him that Canadian "wild frontier" flavour.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,
    Brian
    ChaosCossack and marco55 like this.
  5. Ray Welshman Active Member

Thanks Brian/Colin,

Hopefully I will have the beadwork design done in the next week or so. I think in order to get to Chicago with this one I should be ready to paint in July time frame.

Cheers

Ray