1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

NVA start

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Oct 20, 2008.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    This is a start on a 120mm North Vietnamese soldier.He will be carrying an RPD over his shoulder while looking wearily to the skies.The rubber tyre sandals have just been made.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Andy it looks like a pretty good start. The pose feels slightly off ballance to me. What are your plans for him? Is he leaning on, or interacting with something else? Keep us posted.

Jay H.
    OKc
  3. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Jay,
    He probably looks a bit offbalance as I didnt pose him properly,Ill set him up proper next time.The rest of the pose is as is.
    Andy
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    damn. I thought it was a soldier of north virginia
    Still I'm going to follow it up
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Interesting start Andy,its got my curiosity flowing so i will be following along.

Steve
  6. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The trousers are almost complete and the right hand has been sculpted too.Im trying to work with negative shape that is the shapes in the spaces around the figure,this for me strengthens the figures pose and shape also,well thats the theory anyway.anything could happen though.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andy,

That's a great start. Are you basing him on a photo or drawing?

By the way, how's your Marine in the water going?
  8. Chas Young New Member

Australia
    Interesting pose, but I can really see it working!

One of the greatest pleasures (for me) in modelling is to watch a sculpt come together.

I'll also be interested to see how you bring out the asian features through your painting, that is something I want to master.

Chas
  9. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Gidday,
    A bit more is done,mainly the front of the tunic,rice pouch and a turned round drum magazine which I will build a pouch from.Comments welcome.
    andy

Attached Files:

10. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Andy,

that is a TERRIFIC SCULPT regardless of what you do afterwards....:)

Rgds Victor
  11. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Marvelous sculpting Andy!

All the best,
    Dan
  12. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Here,s some more progress.The magazine pouch has been done,also the rucksack.The brimmed hat and base have yet to be done.comments welcome.
    andy

Attached Files:

13. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Mate, this is looking very impressive, will put this one on my wish list for the future for sure. He is one wary looking vc. Excelent, look forward to more pics.
    Cheers Andrew
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Andy,

This figure is really coming on nicely. Excellent sculpting work mate.
  15. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The brimmed hat is made,not sure if an optional hat should be made also.Worked on the right shoulder to set in the mg.and will then take off arm.I usually mark the upper arm area so I can set it when making the locating pins.I as going to have the machete tied to his pack but thought it better strapped to his belt on the left side.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files: