1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nutsplanet`s new release 'U.S 101 AIRBONE'

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Nutsplanet, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Nutsplanet A Fixture

South-Korea
    Hello PF freinds,

We are so pleased to announce new release in June, 'U.S 101 AIRBONE''

Sculpted by Jun-sik Ahn as usual

size : 1/10 bust
    material : grey resin
    pieces : 23
    *This kit includes an optional head and wire.

Box-art painting is going to be done by Myeong-ha Hwang in few days.

please visit FB page for the more pictures at www.facebook.com/nutsplanet.
    If you have any questions or request, please feel free to ask via nutsplanet@gmail.com
    Thank you !!

NP-b007gray1.jpg
    NP-b007gray3.jpg
    NP-b007gray4.jpg
    NP-b007gray5.jpg
    NP-b007gray21.jpg
    NP-b007gray22.jpg
    NP-b007gray23.jpg
    NP-b007gray24.jpg
    NP-b007gray26.jpg
    MMM, Rompy, taff edwards and 39 others like this.
  2. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    ! x 100
    sd0324, phc35 and captnenglish like this.
  3. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Not my era but very impressive and timely(y) . Definitely looks like Damien Lewis (Maj.Dick Winters);)
    pmfs likes this.
  4. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Looks superb and knowing Nuts, quality of cast will be superb.
    Brills
    Best wishes
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is going to sell like hotcakes!!! I want, that is for sure.
  6. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    perfect down to every minute detail, love the folds on the jacket, honestly, you would not need box art for this bust to sell extremely well.

Cheers Zane
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  7. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Wait until we see it painted :) a new era of sculpt and quality product for the WWII painters
  8. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Goodness do these lads know how to nail a likeness or what!

Outstanding piece of artwork & we haven't even seen boxart yet.

Attention to detail is incredible as Zane mentioned, each surface texture has been faithfully represented.

And hands are brilliant. Need I say more - I LIKE IT!!!!

If I ever wanted to do a US PIR bus this would be the one.

Mike
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  9. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    It would be soooooo nice if manufactures would stop putting the first aid pack on the helmet! Look at photographs, it's not there. Everything else looks good. But the aid pack wasn't worn there. Unless Hollywood is your reference...

Jim Patrick
  10. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

As RM we were told to wear ours as visible as possible. Also taught you use theirs for them and not yours and same with morphine pens.
    I do not know how you can say it wasn't worn that way unless you served alongside. Even one guy wearing it this way makes it accurate. Rivet for rivet sake
    Great sculpt and going off the standard so far I am pretty sure they have a damn good reference.
    On 58 pattern webbing it went where handgrenade is or top pocket but we where also told if possible to carry extra reason being as in second sentence. This could be his second, third etc
    I take it you have never served Jim as you would know there are no rules and whatever the guidelines exceptions happen.
    Filipe, Don, Wings5797 and 3 others like this.
  11. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Well, in Jim's defense, he has served. A lot. That is not really fair. But you also have a point. It is a fantastic bust and the box art should be incredible.
    NickM and Jim Patrick like this.
  12. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gra30, there may not be rules as you say, but there is photographic evidence.
    Jim Patrick likes this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    WOW and DOUBLE WOW ..........now this is Sooooooooooo NICE

Great details all the way ...can't wait to see the Boxart ....get those brushes swirling NutsPlanet

Looking forward to getting mine maybe we will see a commando with full Bergan possibly with different beret-badges

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  14. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    I'm betting its a separate part based on the undercuts shown that would be almost impossible to cast as one piece with the helmet (but ya never know) so at best, leave it off, at worst, 5 minutes with a saw and a little putty to fill the spot with a burlap strip and all is well. Also, in this case, Hollywood is the reference since this is obviously Damien Lewis from Band of Brothers. Interestingly enough though, I couldn't actually find a pic of him in the series with the bandage on his helmet! :ROFLMAO:

This one would be a great subject for those anti-busts or whatever they are called(I call them legs). Anyhow, I thought the BoB pilot and dog already had fig of the year wrapped up, but this one is better for me, since the subject is more near and dear to me, and it being a likeness of a known person and getting it that spot on, is just another feather in their cap.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  15. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    LOL! If I "ever served"?! Perhaps you would be better ASKING that instead of ass/u/me. Last time I checked I served 23 years and 17 days. Just saying...

If photographs were checked, you would see it was not worn on the helmet at Normandy. At least none that I have seen. If this is in fact based on Hollywood, then cool. Roll with it

So are we NOT supposed to say anything when mistakes are made? Do I NOT have that right? Damn...what has happened to pF during my vacation? Whatever...

Jim Patrick
    Don and captnenglish like this.
  16. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Don't worry about it too much Jim, I got shouted down for pointing out a bust based on the sniper Jackson from Saving Private Ryan was holding his rifle in the wrong hand (Jackson was left handed). I got everything from "he never carried it right handed???" to "how do you know its Jackson, the box doesn't say anything about him" (though it was obviously Barry Pepper from SPR). The thread about the 'not' Sgt Barnes from Platoon bust was even more entertaining. I have been called everything from rivet counter (not in the good sense), a pedant, unworthy to judge other peoples work and "overly worried about historical correctness" (to put it nicely) so yeah, pointing out errors and such is not really appreciated by a sizable percentage of the locals!:troll:
    Jim Patrick likes this.
  17. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Bandage or no bandage?
    Left handed right handed?
    Sgt Barnes not Sgt Barnes?

What fascinating discussions.

It's a fantastic piece of work and if the bandage was on or off I'd still paint it instead of wasting time being in a quandary about the historical accuracy of a bloody field dressing!

Gells
    Gra30, RFL, tomifune and 4 others like this.
  18. The Maxican Member

This is indeed another incredible release by NutsPlane. The likeness is stunning.

Regarding the first aid pack, I did some very quick online "research" since I am not an expert (definitely not) but was interested in this question. Just googled "paratrooper first aid pack helmet" and came across some links and pictures showing the first aid pack worn on the helmet: http://www.med-dept.com/paraFA_kit.php or http://olive-drab.com/od_medical_kits_ww2_ifak_parachute.php and http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXCtKB2zAAz3ix45BkO5nuoF9rQu6c6xyGIeTHpxJHBU89FxUGRfeIF6w (from this forum: http://www.homeofthebrave.co.uk/forum/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=280&start=10).

So, probably I can't prove anyone wrong (as this wasn't my intention at all), but I think it's fair to say that it is not impossible that the first aid pack was attached to the helmet occassionally.

Anyway, who cares :D It's a great bust - not more, not less.

Cheers
    Max
    housecarl and Gellso like this.
  19. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    The best rendition of Damien Lewis from Band of Brothers there is. I'll be getting this for sure. Stunning sculpting.
    pmfs likes this.
  20. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Just a heads up. That picture is from Holland if I'm not mistaken. It was worn some there but not as common as some might think.

Jim Patrick
    captnenglish likes this.