1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nutsplanet`s new release of May!

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Nutsplanet, May 26, 2018.

1. Nutsplanet A Fixture

South-Korea
    Hello all,
    Nutsplanet rolls out new release of May, Cleopatra. We didin`t focus on reference of historic Cleopatra much but put more effort on her beauty.
    Sculptor : Jun Sik Ahn
    Painter : Myeong Ha Hwang
    Scale : 1/12
    Parts : 2
    Material : Grey resin

Available at www.nutsplanet.com
    Thanks!
    NP-b034color01.jpg NP-b034color02.jpg NP-b034color03.jpg NP-b034color04.jpg NP-b034color05.jpg NP-b034color06.jpg NP-b034color07.jpg NP-b034color08.jpg
  2. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

really like this one. The box art is very inspiring, and gives me impetus to look up what kind of snake whe is holding.
    Osebor likes this.
  3. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Yellow or Albino Burmese Python...
    housecarl likes this.
  4. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

was thinking something along those lines. Only question is - would the ancient Egyptians have had contact with Burma?
    Another option is to convert the snake into an Egyptian viper (needs some shangestothe head, including some horns above the eyes).
  5. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    I guess a Python isn't out of the question, apparently ancient Egyptians were importing animals from parts of Asia (India, Pakistan) for thousands of years before Cleopatra. If you are thinking Egyptian Cobra/Viper (Asp), I think its a bit on the long side, but what the heck, eh?
    For whatever reason, I'm not feeling this one...
  6. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

@JasonB, thanks for the info. Did not know that the commercial links reached that far at the time.
    Opens up a whole lot of options then - I see that snakes from this region have many different patterns & colours.
  7. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    Now I understand Caesar........and Antonius and.....all the others,who fell in love with her!(y)
  8. Shark PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I really like it. It's certainly different but very aesthetically pleasing to look at. (In many ways!!) I think the snake complete's the bust and I reckon there'll be several people that fancy giving this a go. Going on my list.
  9. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Really like this one , who cares about the snake , it’s prob more fantasy than historic anyway . Nice !
    tomifune and Redcap like this.
  10. spinnerguy Active Member

England
    Got to be on the shopping list.........:cool:
  11. Graham A Fixture

England
    Think I would have preferred a more historic figure than just Holywood Glamour but they are more interested in sales than accuracy. Still a pleasant piece though.
  12. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I can see this being popular not only with painters but also with those who would never normally paint a bust and may choose instead just to give it a bronze effect or something as a display piece. Painted properly (and it's not 'my thing' as a subject) I think it looks really superb.

A very nice piece indeed!

Gary
  13. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Inspiring indeed! Great model.
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice bust.

Marc
  15. JackG Active Member

Canada
    Great looking sculpt and paint!

Whether she is too beautiful to be historically accurate, I would not know. Some sources state she was of Greek-Macedonian decent, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Of course sales have to be considered - fugly would not do well. At least they did not portray her as Katy Perry.
  16. Huw63 A Fixture

Nice representation of the 21st centrury Western ideal of beauty dressed as an Egyptian.

Cheers

Huw
  17. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Cosplay Cleopatra

9pHU67n.jpg

83dc0450d1c31c81cc2fa91de11e7b35.png

5a4505cc99d7b.jpeg

5a4505e26cfb8.jpeg

b3282fbd68362dbc43d5ff5cd587387b.jpg
  18. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Great work ! Really like this one ! Thank for the beautiful bust !(y):love:
  19. Jazz A Fixture

England
    I really like this one. Very well sculpted and the paint job for the box art is superb. She reminds me of Vivian Leigh in the golden days of Hollywood. Definitely one for the wish list.
    John
    Osebor likes this.