1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nuts Planet 'Martina'

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by kagemusha, Jul 23, 2018.

1. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi mate...thank you for nice comment (y)
    swralph likes this.
  2. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    It far surpasses the box art..well done and good to see you on your game and clearly having fun
    kagemusha likes this.
  3. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Many thanks for kind words mate....although...to be fair....the box art is styled for 'impact' on the viewer IMHO

Regards

Ron
  4. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow awesome work . The base adds to the figure great stuff
    kagemusha likes this.
  5. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    The more i look at this the more i like . The hair is great . Any chance of a tutorial on how you did it ?
    kagemusha likes this.
  6. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi mate.....thanks for comment....if you tell me what you particularly like about the hair I will explain how I did it.....
  7. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    The whole process Lol no really just kind of the colors used . Thanks rob
    kagemusha likes this.
  8. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Love those flesh tones. The overall tonal impression is outstanding! Fine work once again.

Cheers, Ski.
    kagemusha likes this.
  9. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Right...let's see if I can lay it out for you mate :sneaky:....I only use transparent oil colours by the way...either Old Holland or Sennelier.
    First stage...thin some transparent brown (sennelier) and wash it over the hair...leave for 5 minutes...then wipe over with a soft dry clean brush.
    This removes almost all the paint...leaving the wash in the shadow recesses only....and a slight stain on the rest...leave to dry for a couple of hours.
    Now thin some yellow lake (again it's sennelier) and gently wash this over all the hair....this will 'bleed' into the first wash slightly....which is ideal....and leave to dry for ten minutes.
    Again use a clean soft dry brush to wipe gently over the top (hi lite areas) of the hair only....this will leave a nice soft gradation of the two colours.
    Third and final stage....using a suitable hi lite colour...I used Old Holland 'Grey Light' (their name for it...but backwards in my book!) with a hint of W&N Cadmium Orange Hue...and gently draw this across the hi lite areas (dry brush technique) until you have the strength you want....then leave to dry for 24 - 48 hours...in this time all the colours will gently bleed into each other...giving you the effect I have achieved in the pics.
    Hope this helps/makes sense Rob :whistle: :LOL:

Ron
    Richie and Landrotten Highlander like this.
  10. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Nice one for comment Steve...much appreciated (y)

Ron
  11. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Ron - I love the details! (y)
    Phil
    kagemusha likes this.
  12. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Ver nice of you to say so Phil :)
  13. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you very much for the explanation. Again great stuff . I really have to try the oils when I get back to the hobby I will be buying a few w and n colors soon . Again thanks for the great explanation. Rob
    kagemusha likes this.
  14. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Your very welcome Rob....look forward to your return mate :)
    samson likes this.