1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Nuts Planet 'Martina'

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by kagemusha, Jul 23, 2018.

1. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    In posting this piece I want to say a huge thank you to Del. His input with this piece has helped me get over a block I was having doing faces and, with his patience and support, along with a couple of cool ideas for the base have, I believe, lifted this piece to another level. Nice one mate.

I really do like the Nuts Planet range of busts, and in particular their sci fi series. This one was a lot of fun to work on with all the details and textures etc. I added a couple of extra details to the droid head for the fun of it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

IMG_3049.jpg IMG_3050.jpg IMG_3051.jpg IMG_3053.jpg IMG_3054.jpg IMG_3057.jpg IMG_3059.jpg IMG_3060.jpg IMG_3061.jpg IMG_3062.jpg IMG_3063.jpg

All comments welcomed.

Cheers

Ron
    kilsh, phil_h, kenshin393 and 19 others like this.
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

beautiful work and paint job

mobo
    kagemusha likes this.
  3. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

not my kinda thing, but if this werre the box art I would have had to hold back pretty stringly so as not to buy it

Date 24JUL2018: just looked at my post again and am astounded at my writing errors.:(
    kagemusha likes this.
  4. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Many thanks for comment Mobo.....much appreciated (y)
  5. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Outstanding and utterly convincing female complexion. Thank for the very kind words but all I did was provide a sounding board for your ideas.
    Cheers
    Derek
    Richie and kagemusha like this.
  6. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Peter......nice one for comments and pleased it tempts you mate :)
  7. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Great work Ron! Lots of detail and a very creative base. What's not to like.

Cheers,
    Ken
    kagemusha likes this.
  8. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

And a bloody good sounding board you are mate :)

So pleased you like her complexion as I wasn't sure about the lack of contrast (y)
    DEL likes this.
  9. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Nice comment Ken.....enjoyed doing something different with the base....I had milled out the channels to represent a circuit....to enhance the 'futuristic' nature of the piece....and it was Del who suggested using the tiny resistors and a scrap of circuit board to complete the effect.

Regards

Ron
    KenBoyle likes this.
  10. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Futuristic is not really my cup of tea....But the overall piece looks excellent....love the subtle flesh tones,..Surely you are getting back into your comfort zone...….

Wayne
    kagemusha likes this.
  11. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Thanks for comment Wayne....and yes...a lot happier with my painting right now :)
  12. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant stuff, have this in the grey army, so nice to see a completed cpoy.
    kagemusha likes this.
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good to me and very nicely detailed
    Cheers
    John
    kagemusha likes this.
  14. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Thanks Steve....I think you will enjoy her...it's a fun piece to paint with so many options to explore....be interested to see what you do with it :sneaky:

Ron
  15. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Many thanks for comment John.....and nice to have you posting again (y)

Ron
  16. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not a subject that I might chose, but it would certainly stop me in my tracks for a closer look.
    Very well done.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    DEL and kagemusha like this.
  17. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron,
    First to business -It is so nice to see you pensioners putting us young un's to shame and I include Del in that.:p Not only execution but also idea's.

I don't know why you had doubts over the facial contrast, the skin tones are so very natural and life like. I have compared this to the original box art version and I like your version so much more. Again the face looks natural and you have elevated the beauty in that face with your brushwork. The original looks too anime for my taste. The same is to be said of the hair.
    I also like you choice of body armour colours fits the piece must better and the fact that it is not painted over the top with garish high contrasts. Yours just looks right, the colours, the tones, the balance and the overall effect.
    The base is very clever designed as a circuit.(y)

Well done Del for giving Ron the jolt he needed, a candidate for FOTM.:cool:
    cheers
    Richie
    kagemusha and DEL like this.
  18. swralph A Fixture

Very nice painting Ron:).
    kagemusha likes this.
  19. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Thanks for comment Andrew....glad she drew your attention :)

Ron
  20. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi mate....wow....what a a lot of nice comments...you have made me blush :playful:
    Seriously Richie....I am so pleased you like her....and it's a great buzz for me that my painting has regained the lost enthusiasm...and yes....Del has played his part in that...as have you.
    I thoroughly enjoyed doing something different with the base from the usual...and felt it complimented the theme of the piece.
    I deliberately held back on the damage/weathering...to a more realistic level...at least to my eye.

As for FOTM....maybe next month.....